• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England v Colombia

Dirty Colombian Gits!!

Not just for the penalty... but also for scuffing up the penalty Spot!!

Get in!!

1-0

:Clap:

Henderson can be an absolute bellend at times.

What a save from Pickford. Oh dear! I think we might lose this now.

God I hate ITV. So much intensity, tension, passion, intrigue.

Yeah, let’s look at a stuffed ****ing lion selling a Swedish wardrobe.

Skin of our teeth! Drop Alli and Sterling, don’t both with Vardy he’s useless. Keep Henderson away from penalties and sod it drop him because he’s terrible and has anger issues.

Bollocks to all cynics on here. Brilliant result England, Quarter finals and Sweden here we come this weekend. Penalties absolutely skewered my nerves until Deir popped the last one in, so sweet.

It's coming home...........

Last edited:
Well that was stressful, deserved in the end and bizarely coming out the other end of that emotional rollercoster may well be better in the long run than a simple 1-0 win.

Not ashamed to say I went and hid in the bedroom for the penalties, think I may have had some sort of seizure if i'd watched them.

A win's a win and on we go! :LoyalSupporter::Footballer:

Skin of our teeth! Drop Alli and Sterling, don’t both with Vardy he’s useless. Keep Henderson away from penalties and sod it drop him because he’s terrible and has anger issues.

What he said.

I couldn't agree more.

The problem is, drop Ali, Sterling & Vardy, and who do we replace them with?..Of course Rashford deserves a start, but how about the other two?..Surely not the England B team against Belgium last week?

We made really hard work of that............ In the words of "Phil Brown"........ "If truth be known"...

:Smile:

No but seriously, they should have been down to 10 men & we should have been 2-0 up at the final whistle. We got the result we deserved.

Last edited:
DhNs-FiX4AATJFQ.jpg:large

Love that picture!!!

Pickford looks like me, when the lads suggest Tequila!! :Smile::Madhouse:

Last edited:
Great result but I hope Southgate has learnt that replacing an attacking midfielder with a defensive one (Dier) does not help us defend a lead, it just invites pressure on us because him and Henderson aren't going to keep possession for long.

Delighted to see they've done better than I thought they would and, of course, thrilled to bits to win a penalty shoot out for the first time in ages. Appalled at the tactics of the Colombians - players and coach....contrast that with the sportsmanship of the Japanese.

I struggle to understand why players at this level need to cheat quite so much - it does them no favours in the eyes of the wider football supporting public.

Well done Southgate and the team. Alli is clearly still not right and we're missing his input so might be better to have him on the bench and allow someone else to try and influence the next game. At least the next one should have far less cheating in!

And again on another Ricey positive, Harry Maguire has been class and a real stand out this tournament. I really like Trippier too.

I don't want to spoil the party here but I just didn't think England were particularly good. Don't get me wrong the Columbians got exactly what they deserved but it shouldn't have got anywhere near extra time, let alone penalties. In the World Cup many sides can start slowly but you see the quality emerging at the knockout stage, as is the case with Brazil. I haven't seen that advancement in the English side and as with Brexit, time is now getting short. Southgate was 100% right with the game plan against Belgium. If we had been in the upper half of the draw I wonder how long our holiday in Russia would have lasted? We may have got past Japan...........but Brazil???? Anyway it's great for England that they are advancing but is it to the advantage of lovers of football that we see Argentine, Germany, Belgium, Uruguay, France and Brazil, battling it out in one half of the draw, whereas as, in the other half, there don't appear to be sides of the same calibre?

I am not ashamed to say I did not watch the penalty shoot out, I turned over channels then checked my my phone at 10 pm!!! Delighted is an understatement. Brilliant stuff. COYE

Back