• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England V Panama

34 degrees on the pitch and no water breaks. :nope:

Need a couple of early goals as we're going to tire as it goes on.

See? Now you know why I was feeling excited this morning. 5-0, superb!!!

Somebody on here suggested after the first match that Saudi Arabia were the worst team in the tournament.I would have thought after today's game it's fairly obvious that Panama are.

Somebody on here suggested after the first match that Saudi Arabia were the worst team in the tournament.I would have thought after today's game it's fairly obvious that Panama are.

Is there anything you can give your country of birth some credit. Top run and finish from Jhon Stones, great penalties, world class finish from Lingard and brilliantly worked free kick for the 4th.

Like me you must have witnessed hundreds of games when England haven't swept aside lower opposition... So just enjoy the victory why we can.:thumbsup:

Is there anything you can give your country of birth some credit. Top run and finish from Jhon Stones, great penalties, world class finish from Lingard and brilliantly worked free kick for the 4th.

Like me you must have witnessed hundreds of games when England haven't swept aside lower opposition... So just enjoy the victory why we can.:thumbsup:

Agreed.But remind me who we were playing again? Let's face it,England's World Cup starts for real on Thursday.

Great result against a poor side, I still worry about our defence against a decent side. Belgium will be a great test, I have to wonder why we didn't go for a 7th after Panama scored, as we have an identical record as Belgium now so in the event of a draw who wins the group could come down to who has the better disciplinary record! But it was terrific to not be wringing our hands through this game, Stones has outscored the entire Argentine team so far! :hilarious:

Panama's well taken goal was more than anything Saudi Arabia have managed this tournament. They've just had the misfortune to be up against two of the better teams in the tournament.

England seem to be missing a midfield in the Panama game.

Belgium will kill us if we play like that.

Can see Belgium v England game ending 6-6...with both teams scoring 6 Own goals...think both teams dont really want to finish top.

Can see Belgium v England game ending 6-6...with both teams scoring 6 Own goals...think both teams dont really want to finish top.

Unfortunately with Brazil and Germany underperforming, it's not easy to predict who'd get in the QF so it may be advantageous to finish behind Belgium. Then again it may not.

I'd put money on Germany winning it all now if I was a betting man. Hopefully they'll get stuffed in their final group match and go out. :smile:

Panama's well taken goal was more than anything Saudi Arabia have managed this tournament. They've just had the misfortune to be up against two of the better teams in the tournament.

Remember the Saudi's have one more game left to play (and possibly score).I'd hardly call Russia one of the better teams in the tournament on the basis of their 2-0 first half drubbing against Uruguay. :winking:

Remember the Saudi's have one more game left to play (and possibly score).I'd hardly call Russia one of the better teams in the tournament on the basis of their 2-0 first half drubbing against Uruguay. :winking:

That's a slightly eccentric comment even by your standards.

The unimpressive Russians were the ones who thrashed Saudi Arabia.

The Saudis are currently playing their last match and have finally scored - an apparently dubious penalty - at the second attempt from the spot. Panama still have a match to play.

Lets be honest here , we were no super team against Panama,,we took our chances very well with two stone wall pens. I think it starts on Thursday for us, The others were just warm up games

The Saudis are currently playing their last match and have finally scored - an apparently dubious penalty - at the second attempt from the spot. Panama still have a match to play.
And Saudi Arabia won...

And the Saudi's won 2-1 against Egypt, who finished bottom of Group A after failing to win a match.Let's see how Panama do against Tunisia on Thursday.:smile:

Enjoyed Martin O'Neil's post match comment on ITV.He mentioned that he usually stops to watch an under 17 side at his local park most weeks.They've been losing a lot and he was thinking of organising a pre-season game for them against Panama next season.Perspective is a wonderful thing.:smiles:

Back