• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

English Defence League march through Tower Hamlets banned by Theresa May

No way would the march have remained peaceful had it gone ahead for obvious reasons. It would probably have escalated into rival clashes well into the evening, and possibly lit the fuse for further unrest in the Capital over the bank holiday weekend. There-again it would'nt surprise me if it all kicks off during and after the Notting Hill carnival ends, and no-one will be able to blame the EDL for that.

I think it makes sense in the current climate. As would banning the Notting Hill Carnival which I read yesterday means 9000 police on the streets on Monday. Given that the police are strecthed and the coppers over worked at the moment - but that would never happen for fear of victimising someone or another.

I think it makes sense in the current climate. As would banning the Notting Hill Carnival which I read yesterday means 9000 police on the streets on Monday. Given that the police are strecthed and the coppers over worked at the moment - but that would never happen for fear of victimising someone or another.

I understand a 7pm curfew has been put on the carnival,which might itself be the cause of some problems.

The Met are always worried about the NHC kicking off anyway. My copper mate who I was at a wedding with said a downpour of rain at about 6pm would be ideal. No one riots in the rain.

The Met are always worried about the NHC kicking off anyway. My copper mate who I was at a wedding with said a downpour of rain at about 6pm would be ideal. No one riots in the rain.

Hmm --- not so sure about this, Andy. Remember that song, "Wet riot, I wanna riot, wet riot - a riot of my own ..." ?

Just in case anyone's forgotten here are the original lyrics to White Riot.:winking:

White Riot Lyrics
Artist(Band):The Clash

White riot - I wanna riot
White riot - a riot of my own

Black people gotta lot a problems
But they don't mind throwing a brick
White people go to school
Where they teach you how to be thick

An' everybody's doing
Just what they're told to
An' nobody wants
To go to jail!

All the power's in the hands
Of people rich enough to buy it
While we walk the street
Too chicken to even try it

Everybody's doing
Nobody wants
To go to jail!

Are you taking over
or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards
Or are you going forwards?

Just in case anyone's forgotten here are the original lyrics to White Riot.:winking:

White Riot Lyrics
Artist(Band):The Clash

Black people gotta lot a problems
But they don't mind throwing a brick
White people go to school
Where they teach you how to be thick

An' everybody's doing
An' nobody wants
To go to jail!

All the power's in the hands
Of people rich enough to buy it
While we walk the street
Too chicken to even try it

Everybody's doing
Nobody wants
To go to jail!

Are you taking over
or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards
Or are you going forwards?

Remember Mick Jones saying how he loved it when fans would come up to the band and tell them the lyrics they made up to some songs as they couldn't work out what Strummer was singing, especially in the early days. :smiles:

Back