• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Escape the drop or relegation?

Will we still be in Football League two next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And if you want an indication on how confident the club was that those players would be a big success, ask yourself how many of the 16 are under contract beyond the end of this season.

We've begged, stolen and borrowed these players, but I'm thinking they weren't anyone's first choice. Rigsby is spot on. You can't hold a gun to people's head and force them to sign for a laughing stock of a club. The ones who have signed, well, there's a reason for it.

There is still part of me that thinks staying up this season was not number one priority in Uncle Ron's thinking.

Even in his latest pearl of wisdom, largely dismissed as RM has downloaded Zoom. He reiterated his key point about changing the culture of the club with his appointment of MM. This suggests MM is here for the foreseeable come what may.

Given our poor reputation with regards to paying players, the embargo and the general poor standards of our finances. How likely was we to stay up? Especially when we have had to sell our most likely goalscorers to keep the club afloat. Asset striping to be brutally honest.

Yes we have managed to beg steal or borrow a number of players, but of those signings only Akinola, Ferguson & Walsh are under contract for next season. Mellis has a one year extension, which I guess he will agree to if we stay up. I also seem to remember the Echo reported ANG signed an extension for next season in Dec/Jan.

The questions are. Are the one year contracts due to our dodgy financial position? Or is this part of the change in culture RM wants and a move away from giving players the comfort of a longer term deal? As previously given out by Brown, Powell & Bond.

Generally the sides that stay up are those that press the reset button, forget what has happened so far in the season, go out roll their sleeves up and attack the remaining games. It appears Barrow and Port Vale have done that. Can we?

Remember Walsall can park the bus a point is a great result for them.

There is still part of me that thinks staying up this season was not number one priority in Uncle Ron's thinking.

Even in his latest pearl of wisdom, largely dismissed as RM has downloaded Zoom. He reiterated his key point about changing the culture of the club with his appointment of MM. This suggests MM is here for the foreseeable come what may.

Given our poor reputation with regards to paying players, the embargo and the general poor standards of our finances. How likely was we to stay up? Especially when we have had to sell our most likely goalscorers to keep the club afloat. Asset striping to be brutally honest.

Yes we have managed to beg steal or borrow a number of players, but of those signings only Akinola, Ferguson & Walsh are under contract for next season. Mellis has a one year extension, which I guess he will agree to if we stay up. I also seem to remember the Echo reported ANG signed an extension for next season in Dec/Jan.

The questions are. Are the one year contracts due to our dodgy financial position? Or is this part of the change in culture RM wants and a move away from giving players the comfort of a longer term deal? As previously given out by Brown, Powell & Bond.

Generally the sides that stay up are those that press the reset button, forget what has happened so far in the season, go out roll their sleeves up and attack the remaining games. It appears Barrow and Port Vale have done that. Can we?

Remember Walsall can park the bus a point is a great result for them.

IF you can then Walsall and Colchester are sitting ducks on current form.

Only 5 or 6 wins needed now from 9 games.
I expect Ron will say that's no problem in the meeting tomorrow.

That was a vital match for us. Admittedly we didn't have much luck but it was crucial that we won tonight. Even Grimsby managed a win tonight.

Of course we could revive hope by winning at Harrogate on Saturday.....but how likely is that? We need the whiff of vegan pies in the air again to rediscover our scoring boots.....and vegans in Yorkshire are as rare as rocking horse manure.

Back