• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex County Cricket 2011 Season

How do you wish to discuss Essex cricket this year ?

• New match thread every game plus news threads as and when

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'd feel like Gulliver :smile:

Is that some sort of rhyming slang or an assertion that the others going may be vertically challenged, although in my case not horizontally.

While not Essex related I was sad to hear of the death of "Tiger" Pataudi former Indian Captain of the 60's he also played for Sussex a few years. A typically elegant and wristy Indian batsman and a pretty good captain. RIP

Daniel and i have had our Membership renewal packs through, i had to read it to be sure i was making the correct decision to withdraw my support .. the packs and forms are now safely tucked away in my recycling bin

Just one line about the ending of professional cricket in Southend, its been done "in the best interests of the majority of members" .. in truth the only members they consulted were the 45 (mainly elderly) fans that attended Day One of the Championship game away to K*nt towards the end of the season, i think it was a Thursday and most of them travelled from Chelmsford on a hired coach

David East and his fellow Colchestaarrgghh scummers have failed the Southern half of the county big time

Just away games for me in 2012 :sad:

Daniel and i have had our Membership renewal packs through, i had to read it to be sure i was making the correct decision to withdraw my support .. the packs and forms are now safely tucked away in my recycling bin

Just one line about the ending of professional cricket in Southend, its been done "in the best interests of the majority of members" .. in truth the only members they consulted were the 45 (mainly elderly) fans that attended Day One of the Championship game away to K*nt towards the end of the season, i think it was a Thursday and most of them travelled from Chelmsford on a hired coach

David East and his fellow Colchestaarrgghh scummers have failed the Southern half of the county big time

I suggest you dig them out of the rubbish bin and send them back and explain that you aren't renewing because of their short-sighted decision to scrap the Southend festival.

If I still had a Southend address, I'd write to them enquiring about membership deals for those living outside the county, although I suspect the subtlety might be lost on them.

As I've said earlier in this thread, this decision is perverse. While I don't expect the club to go back to the days of festival cricket when people could see the side from Clacton to Leyton, with many other towns thrown in, I would expect them to maintain cricket in the South of the county. My first "live" cricket was at Southchurch watching the fine West Indian side of 1963, and my enduring love of the game was born that day. Disgraceful decision by the club, and even worse is the way they seek to silence protest on their forum.

At the time none of my posts regarding this were allowed on the forum. They run the club as a closed shop and I take zero interest in them now. They certainly won't get any of my money.

I heard the other day Unicorns are playing 2 fixtures at Garons. Are Essex in their group? Would love Unicorns v Essex to be played there and to have the opportunity to have our voice heard.

At the time none of my posts regarding this were allowed on the forum. They run the club as a closed shop and I take zero interest in them now. They certainly won't get any of my money.

I heard the other day Unicorns are playing 2 fixtures at Garons. Are Essex in their group? Would love Unicorns v Essex to be played there and to have the opportunity to have our voice heard.

The forum has become a joke, ALL posts have to be approved before they are seen publically and this can only be done by one of 3 people, all of whom are employed by the club .. anything about Southend and most notably David East is simply not approved and all posters have to display their real name next to their posts (where Muses says Life President and mine Moderator of Moderators etc..)

The Unicorn games are v Sussex and K*nt so i might pop along to have a go at Rob Key :smile:

Back