• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex @ Garons

The General

The Mouse (*)
First up, a few of us going Sunday. Just wondered if anyone else is heading down?!

Team for the FC match is:

Essex: Gallian, Chopra, Flower, Bopara, Pettini, Foster, Phillips, Napier, Masters, Wright, Kaneria

They have won the toss and bat first. Normally a low scoring affair over at Garons, so we aren't going to want to chase too much in the 4th innings!

Two early wickets :)

Heading down there Friday, £12 with the £5 discount from SUFC, nice. Just hope the weather holds up, showers forecast for the rest of the week.

Oh well there's always the beer tent.

Went down there today great start by Essex and great bowling by Ravi, Masters and Wright to get them all out for 139 and at the end of play essex were 139-5. it looks like it will be over before the 4th day

I went today, some uneven bounce but that only accounted for Bopara. Flower left a straight one for his wicket, Chopra's shot was poor and he dragged on.

Bowling wise, 2 of Wright's wickets were short and wide long-hops hit to Chopra. Foster's stumping was superb - the ball was down leg-side, span further away yet Foster still managed it. Napier bowled poorly, but Ravi showed why he's better than Collingwood again.

went today, great weather, great cricket and will be there all week, although i can't see much play for friday and none on saturday.

I preferred the weather when there was breeze before lunch, it was scorching. I can't go tomorrow but also planned on going to the other days.

that has to be the best day weather wise ever at garons. reminded me of the good old days at Southchurch park.

agree the breeze did make the day nicer as it was bloody hot.

Try football on a Sunday morning, in December, with a 20mph+ wind! That is cold! But we do have a lovely pitch!

Im going over there today and as long as essex could get 100 lead then we should win this game

2 years ago over there it was the first time i had been cricket and seen people wearing hat, coat, scarves and gloves.

Pettini out without adding any score, not a good start to the day!

Back