• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Evening games - would you back a move to 8pm KO?

Would you prefer it if KO for home evening games was changed to 20:00 hrs

• Total voters

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
Just posting to see the Zones views if the evening kick offs were moved to 8pm to allow more time for all supporters to get to Roots Hall in time.

I am having to leave much earlier than i used to from my home in the Maldon area which usually takes around 40 minutes but recently is taking double the time involved to allow time to park.

Yes some will rightly say leave earlier which in my position i can but those who work thats not always that simple.

Not sure how to do a poll if someone can on my behalf,thanks

Just posting to see the Zones views if the evening kick offs were moved to 8pm to allow more time for all supporters to get to Roots Hall in time.

I am having to leave much earlier than i used to from my home in the Maldon area which usually takes around 40 minutes but recently is taking double the time involved to allow time to park.

Yes some will rightly say leave earlier which in my position i can but those who work thats not always that simple.

It's a double edged sword. Start later finish later, and people get back late and are up for work early next day. No real answer to whatever you do ... personally more in favour of an earlier finish to get home.

I’d struggle getting there in time after work if it was any earlier and if it was any later I’d be getting home after midnight. That makes me think they’ve got it just right - at least for Tuesday nights.

Other country's play games around 5pm this would allow family's to go to midweek games. My kids go bed at 7-8 so can't do midweek. I wonder how many more family's would attend midweek if it didn't finish at 10.

Done

Other country's play games around 5pm this would allow family's to go to midweek games. My kids go bed at 7-8 so can't do midweek. I wonder how many more family's would attend midweek if it didn't finish at 10.

I would have gone to zero 5pm midweek games as a kid because my dad would still have been at work then.

8pm wouldn't make much difference to me. I finish work at 5:30 and get to the ground in plenty of time even with a 90minute+ drive. I don't get home after a match until about 11:45 anyway, midnight wouldn't be much different.

8pm wouldn't affect me at all..

I only live about a 10 min walk from the hall and usually have a couple of pints in the railway.

Not for me, especially on midweek games, even on a 19.45 , it’s a race to get around the M25 and late evening road closures ( especially on A3and M3 junctions)

Not for me either. I still remember the 7.30pm KO days.

But 8pm in cup games where extra time came into play would be a nightmare for travellers with any distance to cover to get home.

7.45 is a rush for my husband, particularly with the roads from Basildon being extremely slow. If I am in the office, I need to come straight from work on the train into prittlewell, so 7.45 ko if viable offers for food are in place.

Without that option, there is not really time to get home, eat and get down to the ground in time for kick off.

That is where a good quality fan zone, with some decent food choices will help.

Demand is there - did anyone see the he queue for the fish house was round the corner onto Victoria Avenue on Tuesday!!

7.45 is a rush for my husband, particularly with the roads from Basildon being extremely slow. If I am in the office, I need to come straight from work on the train into prittlewell, so 7.45 ko if viable offers for food are in place.

Without that option, there is not really time to get home, eat and get down to the ground in time for kick off.

That is where a good quality fan zone, with some decent food choices will help.

Demand is there - did anyone see the he queue for the fish house was round the corner onto Victoria Avenue on Tuesday!!
Yep, was gutted and decided against the queue

Back