• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Ex Newcastle United winger and former Peterborough striker on trial with Southend United

I think Ben El-Mhanni was very (very) highly rated a few years back and was one of the players who exposed Peter Beardsley's behaviour at Newcastle.

Deon Moore’s record last season seemed very underwhelming then I remembered that NL N and S didn’t play full seasons last year because of Covid which will go some way to explaining why he played so little.

No harm in us giving them trials but I wouldn’t be expecting too much. The winger in particular could be intriguing though.

Deon Moore’s record last season seemed very underwhelming then I remembered that NL N and S didn’t play full seasons last year because of Covid which will go some way to explaining why he played so little.

No harm in us giving them trials but I wouldn’t be expecting too much. The winger in particular could be intriguing though.

I think they're just being used to give others a rest in the games.

Neither appear to have much league experience or set the world alight to be fair
This type of comment seems never ending to me.
Do you really think anyone who has 'set the world alight' would consider signing for us ?
We all love our team but we have had two consecutive relegations , a bad reputation for paying on time , a bad reputation for embargoes, a bad reputation for a Chairman and a Manager , although ex Prem is probably rolling the dice for the last time- wake up and smell the strong coffee we have been brewing for a while now !!

This type of comment seems never ending to me.
Do you really think anyone who has 'set the world alight' would consider signing for us ?
We all love our team but we have had two consecutive relegations , a bad reputation for paying on time , a bad reputation for embargoes, a bad reputation for a Chairman and a Manager , although ex Prem is probably rolling the dice for the last time- wake up and smell the strong coffee we have been brewing for a while now !!

And yet PB brings up league experience when talking about them in the article.

My point is. They have got any league experience and very little non league experience.

I get that we are low in the pecking order but lots of games at national league level would be a start.

Deon Moore was with Michael Timlin at Dulwich Hamlet last season - I imagine Brown has had a chat with him or maybe Tims had recommended him.

PB has nothing to lose by giving them a trial ,we shouldnt be too critical, before we criticise lets have a look at them,god willing we can unearth a gem,if not we lose nothing.

Yasin is very tricky and direct, not afraid to run at defences. Could be a great player if managed correctly.
Thanks for this information, Moley. It is interesting that very talented players do not always fulfill their potential, and sometimes it simply takes a change of club and manager to spark it. Let's hope Yasin can put it together at Southend.

Any more permanent signings in the pipeline? Is there still lots of activity behind the scenes?

Last edited:
Hard to say, these players only had played few games in last 4 seasons, they more like Great Wakering Rovers level.

Yasin is very tricky and direct, not afraid to run at defences. Could be a great player if managed correctly.
He was at Newcastle few years back..... from what iv seen on YouTube he does have something about him. Be interesting to see how he does in pre season. Could be bit of wild card signing.

Back