• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
True, it is a somewhat inflated total. Of course he did go on to play for Man Utd, Villa & Chelsea. Winning 2 First Division titles & an FA Cup with ManUre, the FA Cup again with Villa and reaching a 3rd final with Chelsea. Scoring another 90+ goals along the way and playing for England (scored twice on his debut but never played again). So he was a class act I'd say.

Also add in the fact that when he went to United the transfer fee was the maximum allowed of the time £350, as well as Halse they signed his best mate Jimmy Axcell for £350 too as well as playing a friendly here which drew a crowd of 2000 (a 2-2 draw) .. Axcell never played a first team game for United and left after little more than a year, he was, in all probability, just a makeweight for Man U to pay us a fairer reflection of Halses true value

P team for me, Spud would obliterate Lewis Hunt, the Viking would rule supreme in the middle, you have Spinner and Powell AND Sansome at the back of things and one of my favourite strikers in Silvo up front.

The winner of this tie is due to take on E in one of the earlier 1st Round Proper battles today, i think its fair to assume that P will squeak through

This was always going to be difficult for the "H" team so well done Pubes and good luck in the next round.

Back