• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Beefy

Life President
Right, I've had 24 hours and I'm still completely stumped, at least in a couple of key positions, so I'm throwing it open to the board for some help.

Here's what I've got so far:

Adam Federici

Dean Austin - Alan Moody - Adam Barrett - Sandy Anderson

Andy Ansah - Alan McCormack - ???????? - Anton Otulakowski

Brett Angell - Albert Wakefield

I genuinely can't think of a second central midfielder, plus I'm not 100% on either Austin or Wakefield (although Albert seems far more qualified for the spot than the likes of Rammell/Thomson/Abbey/Revell do).

Any help finalising the team would be greatly appreciated.

I always thought he was a left back, but he was well before my time. That complicates things.

I'm claiming him as a 'double A' by the way, as I believe that his real name was Alex Anderson.

I'm claiming him as a 'double A' by the way, as I believe that his real name was Alex Anderson.

Born Alexander yes, but Sandy to all and sundry so i'm not sure you'll get away with that one, and being honest if this is going to a poll vote i don't see how the AA will work

Born Alexander yes, but Sandy to all and sundry so i'm not sure you'll get away with that one, and being honest if this is going to a poll vote i don't see how the AA will work

Well, yes, the double AA won't make any difference as he already has Andy Ansah, and the double up means he would win a tie.

However, I have to use Chico Hamilton's real name otherwise I won't have a team at all.....

I always thought he was a left back, but he was well before my time. That complicates things.

Yes he was a left back. Arthur Williamson was the right back who played three times as many games as Dean Austin with much distinction. Alexander Anderson (from Auchtermuchty) filled in at right back on some of those rare occasions when Williamson was injured.

Right, I've had 24 hours and I'm still completely stumped, at least in a couple of key positions, so I'm throwing it open to the board for some help.

Here's what I've got so far:

Adam Federici

Dean Austin - Alan Moody - Adam Barrett - Sandy Anderson

Andy Ansah - Alan McCormack - ???????? - Anton Otulakowski

Brett Angell - Albert Wakefield

I genuinely can't think of a second central midfielder, plus I'm not 100% on either Austin or Wakefield (although Albert seems far more qualified for the spot than the likes of Rammell/Thomson/Abbey/Revell do).

Any help finalising the team would be greatly appreciated.

Can't understand how you missed Adam Bouzid

Yes he was a left back. Arthur Williamson was the right back who played three times as many games as Dean Austin with much distinction. Alexander Anderson (from Auchtermuchty) filled in at right back on some of those rare occasions when Williamson was injured.

Cheers Mick for clearing that up .. though i also thought Williamson was a left back so perhaps i should just shut up :blush:

Cheers Mick.

Can't believe I forgot Bouzid.... might as well stop this whole game now!

It's Barrett + 1 at the back, for better or worse, I'm afraid.

Adrian Burrows - on loan from Plymouth immediately after the Dick Bate debacle, disaster and despair. Burrows was an excellent central defender and played in the Littlewoods games against Derby if I recall correctly in the month or so that he was with us from late September-October '87.

Back