• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
I am going to try and pick a team from just players I have seen play.

Shoe-ins have to be:

Stanley Collymore
Paul Sansome
Steve Tilson
Pat Scully
Shaun Goater
Spencer Prior

I am going to try and pick a team from just players I have seen play.

Shoe-ins have to be:

Stanley Collymore
Paul Sansome
Steve Tilson
Pat Scully
Shaun Goater
Spencer Prior

Have you got Tilly for manager :winking:

Apart from SVC & The Goat, you can call on a great list of strikers.

Ray Smith
Stuart Brace
Steve Phillips
as mentioned by OBL Peter Silvester & Stuart Parker.

Others that spring to mind
Owen Simpson
Steve Goodwin
Alex Smith
Sean Rafter
Sreven Clark
Steve Ingle

Have you got Tilly for manager :winking:

Apart from SVC & The Goat, you can call on a great list of strikers.

Ray Smith
Stuart Brace
Steve Phillips
as mentioned by OBL Peter Silvester & Stuart Parker.

Others that spring to mind
Owen Simpson
Steve Goodwin
Alex Smith
Sean Rafter
Sreven Clark
Steve Ingle

Do we have to pick a manager? Cos I will choose ST obviously....or maybe Steve Wignall (it was his team that Tilly inhereted after all)

I really just wanna choose players I have seen play, I have no idea about players before my time tho am tempted to add Sandy Anderson

Do we have to pick a manager? Cos I will choose ST obviously....or maybe Steve Wignall (it was his team that Tilly inhereted after all)
I really just wanna choose players I have seen play, I have no idea about players before my time tho am tempted to add Sandy Anderson

I doubt we've enough managers to go around so don't worry about that, you can select whoever you like, but you really shouldn't be leaving out such Southend legends as Sandy Anderson and Jimmy Shankley .. Mickey Stead Frank Sheard Jimmy Stirling Steve Yates all deserve to come into the reckoning

I doubt we've enough managers to go around so don't worry about that, you can select whoever you like, but you really shouldn't be leaving out such Southend legends as Sandy Anderson and Jimmy Shankley .. Mickey Stead Frank Sheard Jimmy Stirling Steve Yates all deserve to come into the reckoning

I've never seen them play. I can't pick a team and have players in it i know nothing about.

Steve Yates was one of the best left backs I've seen play for us - 253 games as left back and 9 goals within that time. He had a really mean left peg. I think if you're going to stick to players you've seen you'll be cutting your nose off to spite your face personally.

Incidentally I found another goalkeeper, Sean Rafter, a youth team product who later went on to play for Leicester. We had some pretty decent keepers in the mid to late 70s one way and another.

I think if you're going to stick to players you've seen you'll be cutting your nose off to spite your face personally.

Can't help but agree Kay, but as we've seen from another fairly recent thread dwb is more than capable of standing his ground no matter what the subject :smile:

Steve Yates was one of the best left backs I've seen play for us - 253 games as left back and 9 goals within that time. He had a really mean left peg. I think if you're going to stick to players you've seen you'll be cutting your nose off to spite your face personally.

Incidentally I found another goalkeeper, Sean Rafter, a youth team product who later went on to play for Leicester. We had some pretty decent keepers in the mid to late 70s one way and another.

IIRC Steve Yates moved to Roots Hall as part of the deal that took Sean Rafter to Leicester.

I could go thru the Database and pick 11 players that have an S to begin their first or last name and be done with it but it would cheapen my team. I know from reading on here what a player Sandy Anderson was but how can I have him in my team if I have no idea personally what he was about. It will limit who I choose obviously but I suppose that's why you have so many more players to choose from, being that much older than me :raspberry:

Only replying to people telling me I shouldn't :smile:

Quite right, but everytime someone suggests someone else you post virtually the same thing, its almost like the Steve Tilson thread all over .. i know it sounds like i'm having a pop but its only in jest i assure you, and hey look as soon as you submit your side i can enter it in the Squad thread and the matter will be closed :smile:

Quite right, but everytime someone suggests someone else you post virtually the same thing, its almost like the Steve Tilson thread all over .. i know it sounds like i'm having a pop but its only in jest i assure you, and hey look as soon as you submit your side i can enter it in the Squad thread and the matter will be closed :smile:

It's cos people suggest players from before I was born. That makes me laugh.

Back