• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Exeter City 2-1 Southend Utd

Is Theo injured?

Kelman seems to have replaced him after about half an hour. Andre Blackman seems to have come on for Ralph at a similar stage, but that was his first action of pre-season.

That’s how I remember John White defending at right back - allowing the left winger oceans of space time and time again. The amount of goals we used to concede from crosses from that side was staggering.

That’s how I remember John White defending at right back - allowing the left winger oceans of space time and time again. The amount of goals we used to concede from crosses from that side was staggering.
Agreed. JW doesn’t have the legs any more for RB and hasn’t really played there in ages.

crap defending throughout, apart from that one great sliding tackle by the left back. looked very sunday league, but then, its only pre season

Normally I am, and always thought he was a good right back. But he seemed to go missing this game, allowing them to attack down that side. Have a look at the first half.

Yeah I saw the video twice and it's true that JW looked like he was getting skinned by his winger on a regular basis,especially early on.Bit more difficult to blame him for the goals though,especially the first,which although it was a defensive mistake ,certainly wasn't his.Different with the second goal however.It was JW's strong headed clearance which was brought down outside the box for a 30 yard volley straight into the net.

Yeah I saw the video twice and it's true that JW looked like he was getting skinned by his winger on a regular basis,especially early on.Bit more difficult to blame him for the goals though,especially the first,which although it was a defensive mistake ,certainly wasn't his.Different with the second goal however.It was JW's strong headed clearance which was brought down outside the box for a 30 yard volley straight into the net.

Oh I didn't blame him for the goals, but he was out of position a few times which almost lead to more goals for them. Our centre-backs were then pulled out of position meaning we were all over the place in those clips. If playing a back four then defensively they have to be in their position to make a solid back four. If one goes missing then it leaves huge holes there as shown.

In JW's defense he will be a bit behind the squad in terms of fitness.

Apparently this has been one of the toughest pre-seasons in recent years with fitness high on the agenda. If that performance is anything to go by we look like the players have been on a doughnut diet, slow, lethargic and second to almost every ball.

Apparently this has been one of the toughest pre-seasons in recent years with fitness high on the agenda. If that performance is anything to go by we look like the players have been on a doughnut diet, slow, lethargic and second to almost every ball.

Lot of running being done it seems hence looking leggy. I don't think fitness will be an issue this season.

Have to agree based on that video

Looks to me more like they were playing a football match at the end of a week of double training sessions and lots of running, the way Humphrys kicks the ball at the kick off after their first shows his legs were hurting. I would also love to be as "chunky" as they are!!

Going to reserve judgement until the season starts, but seems like Bond is trying to get fitness up on last year where perhaps we went a bit too easy pre season. (Not that I know that as fact)

Back