• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch ... Exeter

Mick

Life President
Apologies for tardiness on this one !

Tomorrow's match at Exeter sees 3rd year referee, Roger East from Salisbury, in charge. He achieved some success as an Assistant Referee being appointed to the 2004 Cup Final and a couple of playoff finals.

Wasn't uniformly popular especially in his Conference days but seems to have settled into the Football League and has refereed a good number of Championship games.

His four previous Southend games were at Northampton and Yeovil the season before last, Millwall at home last season and Brighton away this season. So that's won 3 and lost just 1. The shaven-headed Mr East has an average 44 yellows and 1 red from 17 matches this season.

His assistants will be Andy Bennett from Devon and Mark Russell from Gloucester.

Fourth official is Ron Ganfield from Somerset.

Grant Hegley for the derby and Gavin Ward at Orient !!

Apologies for tardiness on this one !

Tomorrow's match at Exeter sees 3rd year referee, Roger East from Salisbury, in charge. He achieved some success as an Assistant Referee being appointed to the 2004 Cup Final and a couple of playoff finals.

Wasn't uniformly popular especially in his Conference days but seems to have settled into the Football League and has refereed a good number of Championship games.

His four previous Southend games were at Northampton and Yeovil the season before last, Millwall at home last season and Brighton away this season. So that's won 3 and lost just 1. The shaven-headed Mr East has an average 44 yellows and 1 red from 17 matches this season.

His assistants will be Andy Bennett from Devon and Mark Russell from Gloucester.

Fourth official is Ron Ganfield from Somerset.

Grant Hegley for the derby and Gavin Ward at Orient !!

OhmiGod, can't believe what you said in that final line! Gavin Ward for Orient?!!!

Hegley as well! What the heck have we done to deserve this?

Of all the FL referees, Grant Hegley is just about the least obtrusive and will allow the players to get on with the game. He has already had 10 cardless matches this season .... compared to, say, Keith Hill who hasn't had a single one for two and a half years.

Hegley and then the youngster Ward within 3 days!! I can only agree with Kay. We've been done here!

Been checking some of my comments on Hegley from previous games...

Starts off ok, last season's 3-0 stuffing of Orient:
Ref - pretty good, should have got the book out earlier, West stand lino was rubbish as usual, East seemed ok.

Last season's home loss to Crewe:
Also, anyone else pick up on the change of ref? I wasn't aware until I looked at the match report on the OS - Grant Hegley! Says a lot really doesn't it? Certainly not the one we were promised, Hegley might as well have worn a red shirt. I reckon Peter Clarke's windpipe is sporting a heck of a bruise this morning as every time the thug Pope went up for a ball he flung his arm across Clarkey's throat.

This season's home loss to Southampton:
Officials - 2, were crap....as usual. Wish I could remember which game I remember Hegley from, wish he'd swallow his bloody whistle!

Does NOT bode well, and as I said, Ward to follow for Orient is just the icing on the cake! I have a feeling tempers could boil over in both matches, both on AND off the pitch:punch:

Been checking some of my comments on Hegley from previous games...

Starts off ok, last season's 3-0 stuffing of Orient:
Ref - pretty good, should have got the book out earlier, West stand lino was rubbish as usual, East seemed ok.

Last season's home loss to Crewe:
Also, anyone else pick up on the change of ref? I wasn't aware until I looked at the match report on the OS - Grant Hegley! Says a lot really doesn't it? Certainly not the one we were promised, Hegley might as well have worn a red shirt. I reckon Peter Clarke's windpipe is sporting a heck of a bruise this morning as every time the thug Pope went up for a ball he flung his arm across Clarkey's throat.

This season's home loss to Southampton:
Officials - 2, were crap....as usual. Wish I could remember which game I remember Hegley from, wish he'd swallow his bloody whistle!

Does NOT bode well, and as I said, Ward to follow for Orient is just the icing on the cake! I have a feeling tempers could boil over in both matches, both on AND off the pitch:punch:

I've spotted the pattern !

If we win, he does well; if we lose, he's crap.

Back