• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

South Bucks Shrimper

Coach⭐⭐
Extract from today's programme:

Our home game against Tranmere on 11th April has been designated Exiles Day.

We will be joined by Southend fans from across the country, some of whom regularly travel hundreds of miles to be at Roots Hall for every game. For others, however, this will be a first game of the season, or indeed for many years.

Having lived in Southend and supported the Club from a young age, it can be difficult to move away from your home town Club. But, of course, many do, for work or university. Some return, but many do not. They are the Exiles, supporting The Blues from afar.

The SUFC Exiles are here for Southend United fans that live outside of the SS postcode area, providing support and camaraderie, as well as championing the needs of long distance supporters with the Club.

There are Exiles all over the globe, and some will be flying in from Europe and the United States especially for the game. If you’re an Exile too, then email sufcexilesday@gmail.com to get involved. We will be giving away an SUFC Exiles branded key ring to the first 250 Exiles to sign up, courtesy of Outstanding Branding.

If you’re based in Southend or South East Essex, come along to acknowledge the dedication of the Exiles, and together let’s help the team to move one step closer to promotion.

Anyone know the details on this ie do we just go somewhere (after registering) to pick up the badge or do we get the full package of a slap up meal, sufc goody bag, presentation on the pitch, Uncle Ron kissing our feet etc in recognition of our greatness? I suspect the former but no one on the day will know where the badges are.

Anyone know the details on this ie do we just go somewhere (after registering) to pick up the badge or do we get the full package of a slap up meal, sufc goody bag, presentation on the pitch, Uncle Ron kissing our feet etc in recognition of our greatness? I suspect the former but no one on the day will know where the badges are.

If you email sufcexilesday@gmail.com you will be sent details nearer the day :smile:

sorry not to sure if i posted before, i + many others do attend but live outside the SS area are we an EXILE ?

Please advise

sorry not to sure if i posted before, i + many others do attend but live outside the SS area are we an EXILE ?

Please advise
I think that's the basic idea, anyone outside of the SS postcodes!

All who have "signed up" should have received an email with details of the day.

Remember, if you live outside the SS postcode area you are an Exile. If you think we've nothing to offer you, have a read of this true story:

“I am currently an Exile and have been for 8 years. An ‘Exile’ is defined as someone who lives outside of the SS postcode area. To be honest I’m not as impressive an Exile as many others as I only live in South Woodham Ferrers, nevertheless an Exile will encounter a different experience. I can’t, for example, get the Echo delivered to my home... “Oh that’s easy, go online”, but the reality is I don’t really.”

With the advent of the internet, email groups, forums and more recently Facebook and Twitter, Exiles can be part of the SUFC family far more easily in recent years if you’re that way inclined. We connect fans online across the globe, acknowledging the challenges that they face supporting the Club.

“It never ceases to amaze me just how much effort some people go to support their team often at great cost – not that long ago when Ben Reeves smashed that goal in, it was half term, many people, including me, were away and strangely I couldn’t find a bar showing the Southend game in Austria but with a little bit of planning and Skype a very enjoyable evening with my two sons was had. That wouldn’t have been possible that long ago.”

Exiles are about as well treated as they can be these days with the exception still of regular live streaming – it’s not a technical issue of course so who knows maybe sometime soon?

Information is one thing, but what about actually seeing some live football?

Do you drive to games because getting to Southend involves two trains and a notoriously unreliable connection? Do you have to leave work an hour early for evening games? Does getting tickets for the big game require planning more appropriate for a military operation?

For the Wembley and indeed Cardiff trips the numbers that flew in from overseas was testament to the lifelong loyalty that football breeds in us. Will Exiles be planning a return trip this season? Maybe…

There are many Exiles both in the UK and overseas, some on temporary assignment, others who may never return but we all have one thing in common. At 3pm on Saturdays we are all together, metaphorically at least…

Up the Blues – see you on Exiles Day!

A great initiative and best of luck with it. Would love to be there, but alas it's my wife's birthday and she says she doesn't want to spend it at Roots Hall. Mad cow.

Hopefully I'll be able to join in with next year's event.

All who have "signed up" should have received an email with details of the day.

Remember, if you live outside the SS postcode area you are an Exile. If you think we've nothing to offer you, have a read of this true story:

“I am currently an Exile and have been for 8 years. An ‘Exile’ is defined as someone who lives outside of the SS postcode area. To be honest I’m not as impressive an Exile as many others as I only live in South Woodham Ferrers, nevertheless an Exile will encounter a different experience. I can’t, for example, get the Echo delivered to my home... “Oh that’s easy, go online”, but the reality is I don’t really.”

With the advent of the internet, email groups, forums and more recently Facebook and Twitter, Exiles can be part of the SUFC family far more easily in recent years if you’re that way inclined. We connect fans online across the globe, acknowledging the challenges that they face supporting the Club.

“It never ceases to amaze me just how much effort some people go to support their team often at great cost – not that long ago when Ben Reeves smashed that goal in, it was half term, many people, including me, were away and strangely I couldn’t find a bar showing the Southend game in Austria but with a little bit of planning and Skype a very enjoyable evening with my two sons was had. That wouldn’t have been possible that long ago.”

Exiles are about as well treated as they can be these days with the exception still of regular live streaming – it’s not a technical issue of course so who knows maybe sometime soon?

Information is one thing, but what about actually seeing some live football?

Do you drive to games because getting to Southend involves two trains and a notoriously unreliable connection? Do you have to leave work an hour early for evening games? Does getting tickets for the big game require planning more appropriate for a military operation?

For the Wembley and indeed Cardiff trips the numbers that flew in from overseas was testament to the lifelong loyalty that football breeds in us. Will Exiles be planning a return trip this season? Maybe…

There are many Exiles both in the UK and overseas, some on temporary assignment, others who may never return but we all have one thing in common. At 3pm on Saturdays we are all together, metaphorically at least…

Up the Blues – see you on Exiles Day!

I did and I haven't

Back