• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Expected pops

Napster

No ⭐
Just been working out my expected pops. Hope some come earlier than others...

Jeffers (wonderful/superb batsman to pop to remarkable concs)
Allan (superb/quality and superb/quality to pop to remarkable cons and concs)
Prag (superb/superb batsman to pop to quality concs)
Perry (prof/prof batsman and strong Wk - to triple-pop to strong/superb and quality wk) - and only 18!
Whittingham (superb/quality bowler to pop to wonderful cons)
Van Niekerk (quality/remarkable bowler to pop to exceptional cons)
Mirza (strong/resp bowler to double-pop to superb/strong)
Dyer (resp/comp bowler to double-pop to prof/resp)

That would give me an excellent core team, just need to get in a few fillers for numbers 5/6 and a decent back-up bowler.

Looking like this at the moment, but could all change depending on next 2 YP's.

Downing (18 yo bat, 2 x bat atm) Prof/Prof - Superb/Strong
Nagga (20 yo bat, 1 x bat + 1 x field) Quality/Strong - Remarkable/Quality
Lockett (20 yo Bowl, 1 x bowl) Superb/Quality - Quality/Remarkable
Singh (21yo Bowl, 1x bowl + 1 x Stamina) Remarkable/Wonderful/Respectable - Wonderful/Exceptional/Superb
Pollock (22yo bat, 1 x bat) Exceptional/ Wonderful - Sensational/Sensational
Schoeman (23yo A/R, (1 x bat + 1 x Bowl) Remarkable/Phenomenal - Wonderful/Elite (batting), Remarkable/Sensational - Wonderful/Sensational (bowling).

Schoeman should pop in Bowling next week, so that will free up 1 net, and his batting should pop around week 6 freeing up another net.

Last edited:
Richie will pop to Masterful in a couple of weeks which will only leave us with 4 trainees.

Lamo - Should move to Exceptional/Elite batting with Wonderful WK this season.
Sandy - Single net only, will move to wonderful this season and will be trained up to Sensational
Sinithemba - Only 18 and double batting means he'll be hitting remarkable at the endof the season
Mcleod - Also 18 but 6 weeks behind Sini.

Once Richie finishes we'll have one spare net to start moving stamina up. Next season my team will be pretty settled and I'll begin work on a new all rounder, should have 5 nets available to use.

I'm selling players and trying to regig my bowling, but

Hoult - Quality/Quality batting
Marcel - Exquisite/Wonderful batting
Wright - Exceptional/Miraculous batting
Hulse - Exquisite/Phenomenal bowling
Joost - Proficient/Proficient batting
Cahill - Exceptional/Wonderful bowling

And hopefully bring in 3 bowlers I have lined up, If someone could bid like £5-6 million for Barrowdale, and £1 million for Koos, it would be a big help.

Last edited:
blues_r_best said:
I'm selling players and trying to regig my bowling, but

Hoult - Quality/Quality batting
Marcel - Exquisite/Wonderful batting
Wright - Exceptional/Miraculous batting
Hulse - Exquisite/Phenomenal bowling
Joost - Proficient/Proficient batting
Cahill - Exceptional/Wonderful bowling

And hopefully bring in 3 bowlers I have lined up, If someone could bid like £5-6 million for Barrowdale, and £1 million for Koos, it would be a big help.
£1M bid on Koos for you.

Just spent £10 million, should be on very verge of popping according to the wages.

Simon Walker - 22 yo, BT Rating=103,630 shortcut
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, mediocre batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and respectable experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: abysmal Concentration: competent
Bowling: sensational Consistency: masterful
Fielding: quality

Damn, wish he'd been on the market a few weeks ago! F's are bloody hard to come by.

I need help working out my nets after finishing Davenport and Granville at exquisite.

Currently training:

4. Marc Last - 21 yo, BT Rating=38,947 shortcut
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime fitness.
A steady player with competent leadership skills and respectable experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: superb
Fielding: feeble

1 bowl 1 field

5. Dan Healy - 23 yo, BT Rating=81,040 shortcut
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime fitness.
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and superb experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: sensational Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: woeful Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

1 bat

6. Dean Thikhathali - 21 yo, BT Rating=36,815 shortcut
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and proficient experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: remarkable Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

1 bat

8. Danny Rautenbach - 18 yo, BT Rating=11,207 shortcut
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, strong batting form, respectable bowling form, sublime fitness.
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful

2 bowl (close to pop)

11. Mark Rennie - 22 yo, BT Rating=162,109 shortcut
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and competent experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: remarkable Concentration: masterful
Bowling: sensational Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: remarkable

1 bowl 1 wk

The nets I stated are the ones they were getting before Davenport and Granville finished. I have two spare (currently one on Rennie stamina, one on Last bowling whilst I wait to see what to replace it with). I'm hoping for a trainee pull on Saturday (but that never comes!) but if not, what to do? Rautenbach is my only player below 21 currently.

If you don't get a new trainee I'd add a fielding net to Rautenbach to makes sure his secondary keeps pace and give Thikhathali a stamina net.

If you don't get a new trainee I'd add a fielding net to Rautenbach to makes sure his secondary keeps pace and give Thikhathali a stamina net.

Cheers, have done that for Saturday. It's annoying having training before the pull.

Also Rennie doesnt need his wk anymore really, what to do with that?

Cheers, have done that for Saturday. It's annoying having training before the pull.

Also Rennie doesnt need his wk anymore really, what to do with that?

I've decided it is all about the stamina nets now.

Once players get to the higher levels their wages make further training prohibitive. You then need to maximise it to ensure you get the most out of their wages. Superb stamina costs just £772 a week.

I'm not sure what the difference is between strong and superb stamina, but at £330 a week that offers me a chance to improve my players without increasing my weekly losses by much.

I've decided it is all about the stamina nets now.
Yep, I think you and I are the only ones here who've hit the real top level wages now. With Richie about to finish I won't get much of a movement next season but it's still going to be above £400k p/w.

Now the important thing is making sure they play as many games as they can. Luckily my 5 bowlers are 4x Superb and 1x Strong, Batsmen aren't such an issue however I'm toying with the idea of converting to a hard & fast to try and cut out the extreme collapses. So batsmen's stamina is going to play more of a part.

Yep, I think you and I are the only ones here who've hit the real top level wages now. With Richie about to finish I won't get much of a movement next season but it's still going to be above £400k p/w.

And I'm the side in II :stunned: Eek.

Now the important thing is making sure they play as many games as they can. Luckily my 5 bowlers are 4x Superb and 1x Strong, Batsmen aren't such an issue however I'm toying with the idea of converting to a hard & fast to try and cut out the extreme collapses. So batsmen's stamina is going to play more of a part.

It's not just about making sure the play as many games as they can, it is about maximising their performance.

I think a lack of stamina held back several of my batsmen.

As my batsmen rarely make it past 20 then stamina never really was an issue for me!

How's everyone doing on this? Dyer's lost his net to Prag, who's doubled up.

Jeffers (wonderful/superb batsman to pop to remarkable concs) - Achieved
Allan (superb/quality and superb/quality to pop to remarkable cons and concs) Just need one pop for remarkable concentration - also got quality bowling
Prag (superb/superb batsman to pop to quality concs) Achieved - also popped to quality batting, thanks to doubling up on nets
Perry (prof/prof batsman and strong Wk - to triple-pop to strong/superb and quality wk) - and only 18! Currently superb wk, and prof/strong - needs three more pops
Whittingham (superb/quality bowler to pop to wonderful cons) - now quality bowling (unexpected) and remarkable cons, need one more cons pop
Van Niekerk (quality/remarkable bowler to pop to exceptional cons) now remarkable bowling (unexpected), and wonderful cons - expecting one more cons pop
Mirza (strong/resp bowler to double-pop to superb/strong) - poor, nothing yet
Dyer (resp/comp bowler to double-pop to prof/resp) - n/a

Lamo - Should move to Exceptional/Elite batting with Wonderful WK this season.
Now wonderful +8 so probably another 10/11 weeks of batting training and 14/15 weeks of WK training will see him to Exceptional Batting, Elite Concentration and Exceptional WK at 22. That will be enough.

Sandy - Single net only, will move to wonderful this season and will be trained up to Sensational
Hoping for the pop to wonderful next week, his primary and secondary pop close together so he will finish at Sensational/Exceptional in Season 13.

Sinithemba - Only 18 and double batting means he'll be hitting remarkable at the end of the season.
8 weeks to pop to Quality so the Remarkable pop should come in Week 1 of Season 12. My drop to single batting net with fielding to allow the concentration (proficient) to catch up. Currently has a stamina net.

Mcleod - Also 18 but 6 weeks behind Sini.
Popped to superb last week so should hit quality at the end of the season. Like Sini he may go to a single net.

Aim is to ultimately free up 5 nets to train an all rounder next season. Sini and Macca are effectively useless at the moment as with 4 and 3 nets respectively they never get above invigorated, especially with the cup run continuing.

I will have three nets free to start with, then can drop in two more when Lamo pops to Exceptional and I take off Macca's fielding net.

Back