• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F.A. Cup 2020/21 Season

So here we go again - the F.A. Cup for the coming season starts on 1st September.

Not sure at what date we come into the competition but I do think that a reasonable cup run would add to the finances* for the club and give the club a considerable and welcome morale boost.

Things must get better after Dover last season, mustn't they?

Anyone know of any other local teams getting involved early on?

* just the caveat that perhaps finances might differ this season due to Covid-19

Southend Manor play on 1st September, as do Hullbridge. If Manor win their game they will play Canvey away in the next round.

Southend Manor play on 1st September, as do Hullbridge. If Manor win their game they will play Canvey away in the next round.
Please note the next round though is on September 12th, when you will be glued to your goggle box watching Southend v Harrogate Town......

So here we go again - the F.A. Cup for the coming season starts on 1st September.

Not sure at what date we come into the competition but I do think that a reasonable cup run would add to the finances* for the club and give the club a considerable and welcome morale boost.

Things must get better after Dover last season, mustn't they?

Anyone know of any other local teams getting involved early on?

* just the caveat that perhaps finances might differ this season due to Covid-19
Southend start on the weekend of November 6/8 in the first round, when we might even be back watching by then.....

I'm at Croydon Athletic vs Sutton Common Rovers, my plan was to follow the winners of each game right the way through but covid restrictions will probably put paid to that!

Southend Manor 0-5 Ware
Att: about 200

Wonderful to be back watching live sport again, I didn't realise how much I had missed it. The result and doesn't really matter, the fact is I've got part of my life back and I really enjoyed it.

Also one of the 195 at Southend Manor tonight. Good to catch up with some fellow footie fans I haven't seen for ages, even if one does support Col U. and not even a hint of social distancing!!

Quite a few familiar faces at Lower Road tonight watching Hullbridge go down to 0-2 defeat against Hadley.

Hullbridge was a decent place to spend yesterday evening. Even if Super Tuesday went horrible for me. Essex, England, Southend and Bridge all lost.

Nice to be able to mingle and enjoy a few beers. Their first league game is away at Witham on the 19th.....I wont be going to Carlisle so why not get another tick.

Hullbridge was a decent place to spend yesterday evening. Even if Super Tuesday went horrible for me. Essex, England, Southend and Bridge all lost.

Nice to be able to mingle and enjoy a few beers. Their first league game is away at Witham on the 19th.....I wont be going to Carlisle so why not get another tick.

That’s where I’ll be going, not far from me.

I went to see Sawbridgeworth v Romford.2-1 to Sawbridgeworth.Glenn Tamplin took a fair bit of stick from some of the home fans

Harlow gave Enfield a 5-1 thumping last night, Enfield had Jamie cureton up front for them.

I was at Oakwood FC vs Cobham Town FC. Attendance circa 135 - I was doing the gate, so quite an accurate figure (barring a few I might have forgotten to click the counter for)

Cobham ran out 2-0 winners, only having about 30-40% possession and 3 chances to Oakwood's 10+ chances. Usual issue; no-one to put the ball in the old onion bag.

Angell Delight and I went to Redbridge to see them go down 0-2 at home to Harpenden, who were much the better side and earned themselves a home tie with Aveley in the next round. Just good to see some live football again!

Back