• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch FA Trophy refwatch ........ Dorking Wanderers (H)

Mick

Life President
I normally start off by looking at previous matches between the two clubs; once again, in this case there has been none. Dorking Wanderers were formed around the time Ron was embarking on his still unfulfilled ambition to make his millions on the back of Southend United. They have enjoyed an unrivalled 11 promotions since then and their chairman and owner has been at the helm throughout.

The Trophy is a competition in which, for the last couples of decades, Essex clubs have fared well. In this period there have been 6 Essex finalists resulting in 4 victories (Canvey Island, Grays twice and Hornchurch). Tragic that these are the sort of clubs we are now aspiring to emulate.

On to Saturday’s referee for our “historic” first ever FA Trophy match. We have a man in charge who will be unfamiliar to most on here although his surname will be instantly recognisable.

It will be Robert Massey-Ellis, the husband (and Ellis part) of Sian Massey-Ellis who has regularly featured on televised Premier League matches proving to be one of the more reliable Assistant Referees.

In his late 30s, he is an Executive Director of a Medical Centre. Indeed, whilst his wife has been travelling the world officiating in all the top women’s tournaments, he has been engaged in all sorts of worthy activities. These include Operations Manager for the RSPCA, Management in the British Red Cross and Medical Manager for the British Army.

In his spare time, he has been working his way up through the ranks of non-league refereeing and is now in his second season as a National League referee. Last season his 13 matches saw 52 yellow cards and 4 reds, 3 of which were in the same match. This season he has done 9 games with 41 yellows, but no reds.

Assistants are Jonathon Block from Risby near Bury St Edmunds and Londoner, James Hurst. The former performed a similar role in the home match against Chesterfield a short while back. Alex Kyriacou, a Stress Testing Market Risk Analyst from Enfield, will be standing by as Fourth Official.

This bloke was truly awful—even by non-league standards.He got decisions consistently and blatantly wrong.
When he blew for their pen —right in front of our seats—we all thought it was to book the offender who threw himself to the ground for only one obvious reason.

It is odd how differently the same game can be viewed. I thought the ref was okay, better than most we have had of late.
I thought both pens were correct, Dunne's was easier to give and Hobson's was only slightly less. the DW player was going nowhere and it was unnecessary shove/lean/challenge. I get what @Zeuss is saying as the DW (and Dunne) went down as if the mystic sniper had got them, did super Tom Daley's.
I thought the ref took a tolerant approach to some mouthy players and only booked Demi after repeat warnings.
He seemed very player welfare concerned with injury stops and dealt well with sliding tackles on greasy surface.
Not whistle happy and tried to play advantages.
Now the West lino? Who was offside because Dalby certainly wasn't and would have been good headed goal.

Abso
This bloke was truly awful—even by non-league standards.He got decisions consistently and blatantly wrong.
When he blew for their pen —right in front of our seats—we all thought it was to book the offender who threw himself to the ground for only one obvious reason.
Absolute stonewall penalty. Even the players didn't moan.

Now the West lino? Who was offside because Dalby certainly wasn't and would have been good headed goal.

From my relatively distant vantage point, I thought he'd flagged for the cross curling out and back on again.

From my relatively distant vantage point, I thought he'd flagged for the cross curling out and back on again.
No, definitely for offside. I'm not convinced it was, as I watched Dalby's movement as the move built up. Was a cracking header though, deserved a goal

He probably did. Dalby definitely wasn’t offside. Observation failure by the referee,as with why their diver went over 2nd half.

Back