• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Trophy

Morpeth away would be fun...

...... there can be few, if any, clubs less likely to be in the Southern half of the draw.

Bowers lost a Vase semi-final there 5 years ago. They were robbed - no wonder they're called the Highwaymen.

It is for some.
The Cornwall contingent @Rob Noxious @cornwall blues @GrumpyBlue (?) et moi might fancy it.
But this season, Truro play in Plymouth! No, not Argyle, but a ground north of Home Park.
BTW, if we draw Plymouth Parkway, it's the same ground!
It is about 2.5 miles north of Home Park I believe. I've read that the main chant of the Argyle faithful in a pre-season friendly there not too long ago was 'you dirty northern bar....."!

...... there can be few, if any, clubs less likely to be in the Southern half of the draw.

Bowers lost a Vase semi-final there 5 years ago. They were robbed - no wonder they're called the Highwaymen.
Echo says draw isn’t regionalised…

Everything I have read suggests the 3rd round proper draw is not regionalised. The Vase is. Information is a bit vague however.

You ain't wrong. Was there but went thru Newcastle and still had an hours drive. It's North North. Nice club though. We got a fine for fans on the pitch up.there. Yorkshire Blue. Simon was making out he was our kit man. Lol

Everything I have read suggests the 3rd round proper draw is not regionalised. The Vase is. Information is a bit vague however.
I guess we will know soon enough... previous 3rd round propers have seen Salford play Maidstone which suggests the Echo is correct.

I guess we will know soon enough... previous 3rd round propers have seen Salford play Maidstone which suggests the Echo is correct.
The rules say it is at the discretion of the FA Competitions Committee.

If you go by that match you'd expect replays too !

The club must be hoping for a home draw especially with few home games before Christmas as its tough on the finances. Fingers crossed we get a easy home tye to boost the confidence

The draw is not live.
Was wondering how hard it was for a camera to livestream whoever is picking the balls out of the perspex container and broadcast?
Always enjoy watching those draws in the FA Cup.

Excellent. Another cup we can exit at the first possible chance. Would be nice for us to go on a cup run, but I'd prefer it in a season where we are not in the bottom half of the table.
We didn't go out of the FA Cup at the first possible chance this season!

That was in 2018/19 when the Third Round Proper was the last 16 of the competition (the equivalent of the Fifth Round Proper in this season's competition). This season the Third Round Proper will be the last 64. My understanding is that the Third Round this season will be regionalised on a north-south basis and will be nationwide from the Fourth Round Proper onwards.

Another opportunity for a home win and boost in confidence.

£4,500 for the winners in round 3, so hopefully we can take that and move on.

If a National League team wins the competition, total prize money earnt would be £98,000 if I have got the maths right. lol.

Back