• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Famous Football Fans

I thought he was a Hammer although he did spend a lot of time in the Leigh/Southend area.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 26 2004,11:17)]Was Ian Dury a Shrimper?  Not sure about that...

Matt
No he's not. He's a Hammer. And I'll argue that with anyone. (Considering I've read his biography, and am an honorary Blockhead)

I've had a look at one or two other teams - the site islittered with errors so I wouldn't take it as gospel.

As an example, on Sunderland they list Patrick Stewart, the baldy Star Trek man, as a fan. In an interview with Parky a few years ago, though, he confirmed that he was actually a Huddersfield Town supporter and the two of them swapped rival Yorkshire club insults for a minute or so.

Still, if we can think of a few decent famous people that haven't publicly declared their allegiance maybe we could just nick them. Someone like, say, Kelly Brook
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Jan. 26 2004,11:33)]I've had a look at one or two other teams - the site islittered with errors so I wouldn't take it as gospel.

As an example, on Sunderland they list Patrick Stewart, the baldy Star Trek man, as a fan.  In an interview with Parky a few years ago, though, he confirmed that he was actually a Huddersfield Town supporter and the two of them swapped rival Yorkshire club insults for a minute or so.

Still, if we can think of a few decent famous people that haven't publicly declared their allegiance maybe we could just nick them.  Someone like, say, Kelly Brook      
wink.gif
Odd in a another interview he said he was a Leeds fan ?

just looked at the sheff wed site and prince Naseem supports both united and wednesday surely there is something in the unwritten rules about supporting 2 local teams, imagine saying you supported rangers and celtic,west ham and millwall. also wasn't "tango man"a sheff wed fan?he wasn't listed.

Phil Jupitas is a shrimper!!not a hammer!!

I'm not sure Alison Moyet goes to see Southend any more.

She nearly run me over once. Does that make me famous as well?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hillhouse @ Jan. 26 2004,23:02)]Phil Jupitas is a shrimper!!not a hammer!!
No he's not in fact he admits to not being much of a footy fan at all but he does look out shall we say for the hammers results.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 27 2004,09:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hillhouse @ Jan. 26 2004,23:02)]Phil Jupitas is a shrimper!!not a hammer!!
No he's not in fact he admits to not being much of a footy fan at all but he does look out shall we say for the hammers results.
OK. Well he sat in the south upper a few weeks ago.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Jan. 26 2004,21:45)]just looked at the sheff wed site and prince Naseem supports both united and wednesday surely there is something in the unwritten rules about supporting 2 local teams, imagine saying you supported rangers and celtic,west ham and millwall.
Yeah, I remember Skinner & Baddeil pulling him up about that on Fantasy Football years ago. Think it was one of the episodes with Alison Moyet on actually....

Back