• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans Consortium

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
Surely there are 66 fans who could find £10k in return for board level representation of both SEL and SUFC, and appropriate shareholdings?

Will prevent relegation (through points deduction), allow for a bit more transparancy, and will be the honourable thing to do.

Last edited:
Surely there are 66 fans who could find £10k in return for board level representation of both SEL and SUFC, and appropriate shareholdings?

Will prevent relegation (through points deduction), allow for a bit more transparancy, and will be the honourable thing to do.

I'm sure there are that many fans who could 'pitch in' - but I doubt RM would give away any shareholdings let alone board level representation!!

This is key I think.
a) we now need the supporters representation various people have mentioned and asked for over the past few years.
b) RM needs to realise it's not now all about the golden egg at the end of the stadium project(s) - the time has gone to seek additional investment, far better people with SUFC in their heart rather than some anonymous business contact. Although, if the rumours about Stobart wanting to invest and being politely told to go forth & multiply are true, this is something else we need real answers on!

This is key I think.
a) we now need the supporters representation various people have mentioned and asked for over the past few years.
b) RM needs to realise it's not now all about the golden egg at the end of the stadium project(s) - the time has gone to seek additional investment, far better people with SUFC in their heart rather than some anonymous business contact. Although, if the rumours about Stobart wanting to invest and being politely told to go forth & multiply are true, this is something else we need real answers on!

Surely that can't be the case?! Can't say I've heard those rumours but Ron would definitely have a lot to answer for if that were ever revealed to be true! :stunned:

Surely that can't be the case?! Can't say I've heard those rumours but Ron would definitely have a lot to answer for if that were ever revealed to be true! :stunned:

Heard it 3 or 4 times on here and from 2 other (I would say reputable) sources offline!

I for one thought this and could potentially stretch to that sort of figure but you have got to ask the question how would you ever get your money back?

I brought the shares for me and Dad and that looks like dead money now which is fine as I brought them for the love of the club not to make profit but when it comes to taking cold hard cash from my family to pump into something that is effectively bust then it would take a lot of persussion.

I for one thought this and could potentially stretch to that sort of figure but you have got to ask the question how would you ever get your money back?

I brought the shares for me and Dad and that looks like dead money now which is fine as I brought them for the love of the club not to make profit but when it comes to taking cold hard cash from my family to pump into something that is effectively bust then it would take a lot of persussion.

Well, it's a £7m rollover tonight & the £71m Euromilions on Friday.
Again out of blind panic, why doesn't everybody on here stick an extra fiver on, you never know?

if paying the 690k gave us control of the club it would be worth doing -

but spending 690k to save RM - no way -

so I guess the conversation is

"Hi Ron, we can get you the dosh - can we have the majority shareholding and control of the club ?"

The problem I also think is we pay this bill this time and a year down the line we need to do it again.Something clearly needs to be done behind the scenes. I am sure Ron is trying to do it and I am sure in time he will get it right but at the moment we seem to be going from one crisis to another.

Well, it's a £7m rollover tonight & the £71m Euromilions on Friday.
Again out of blind panic, why doesn't everybody on here stick an extra fiver on, you never know?

The funny thing is I've thought about this many times. If I did win Euromillions would I give some to SUFC. I always thought of it in the dream scenario of giving Tilly £3 million or something to go and get some quality players to get us promoted. But it seems like money from big player sales like Eastwood and Bailey has just been swallowed into the every day costs of running the club so I don't know whether I would if there weren't obvious improvements on the pitch.

That said, if I had a spare 700k at the mo I'd been straight down to save the day.

pm me fella if serious

The problem I also think is we pay this bill this time and a year down the line we need to do it again.Something clearly needs to be done behind the scenes. I am sure Ron is trying to do it and I am sure in time he will get it right but at the moment we seem to be going from one crisis to another.

You mean like build a new stadium with surrounding developments that can subsidise a loss-making football club?

Back