• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fantasy Dinner Party mkII

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
Ok so it's been done before but here are a couple of new variations on the theme.

First, 6 guests from your twitter feed (whether real or not) if you don't have a twitter account just use celebrities

Second, 6 SUFC related guests, any era.

Please give reasons why you think they would be good dinner party/BBQ/Pub drinking partners.....GO!

Ok I better kick things off...

Twitter
Zooey Deschanel - she could stay for a nightcap...
Simon Pegg - Having just read Nerd Do Well think he'd be great fun, full of stories, plus I'm a big fan of Spaced etc.
Brian Cox - He'd be fascinating and could ask him what the ultimate question is (you know the one that's answer is 42)
Alys Fowler - She could give me advice on my veggie patch (plus I fancy her)
Akira The Don - BritRapper, loves Harvey Pekar, chatted with him on twitter, all round good egg.
Pete Fowler - Illustrator (SFA cover artist), might be able to get good advice/job out of him!

Other people considered...Dita Von Teese, Dalai Lama, John Cusack, Depressed Darth, Kevin Smith, Douglas Coupland.

SUFC
Oliver Trigg - Our founder, come on, just so I could raise a toast to him.
Chris Powell - Mr Nice, and my favourite footballer ever.
Stan Collymore - Stan the Man, best player in a blue shirt ever, plus I think he's pretty intelligent and has led an interesting life.
Blair Sturrock - Because he's mental.
Ricky Otto - Again he's got some tales to tell.
Spencer Prior - Southend born & bred, he's got opinions and he's a legend.

Others considered...The Goat & Tilly (both too nice, sorry), Big Bad Barry Corr, Phil Gridelet.

Hmmm, going to have a think rather than just the plain bloody obvious (Stephen Fry)....

Twitter:

Charlie Brooker: funny, honest, maybe play some computer games after dinner

Stuart Braithwaite (Mogwai guitarist): again funny and honest, likes a few drinks and would have plenty of stories to tell

Joey Barton: would be great banter, just remind me not to share around some cigars

Johnny Knoxville: seems pretty normal, but after a few drinks I'm sure things would get messy

Aidan Moffat (from Arab Strap): uses twitter to abuse anything and everything when ****ed, so I'll get him ****ed

Noreena Hertz: fit, bit of a thinker, between me, Brooker and Barton I think we could right a few wrongs with the world. Would bring a dessert

Twitter.

Kylie.
Natalie Imbruglia
Emma Bunton

There must be a common reason there but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Lord Sugar
Piers Morgan

Just for the stupid banter they pass about.

Sod it, I'm just getting The Big Sam round for a few ales and then going out on the pull.

Stephen Fry - A mesage to you Rudi :finger:
James Cordon - possibly because I've just listened to a Podcast involving him.
Kate Walsh - bring a geetar.
Alan Moore
Ricky Gervais
Phillip Pullman

Twitter

Ami Crookie - total random one of the other southend lads was following her - always post saucy snaps of herself
Cecs Fabregas - Not sure why I follow him.
Greg Starz - Southend fan
Chris Phillips - Echo
Oustanding Branding - kent Shrimper
Danny Baker - Radio

So its looking like a **** fest.

Southend Wise

Dave Webb - Like to know what it was like during the webb years
Ricky Duncan - be good to know more about youth set up.
Bobby Moore - As long as no WHU talk
Paul Samsone - At the club a long time and good personaility I reckon
Dave Crown - My first hero
Steve Tilson - Legend.

Twitter

Ami Crookie - total random one of the other southend lads was following her - always post saucy snaps of herself
Chris Phillips - Echo
Danny Baker - Radio

Southend Wise

Steve Tilson - Legend.

Big mistake Dave. People go to a dinner party for the food. The last thing people want to hear is someone wittering on about their family.

ps You should be safe enough on the no WHU talk from Bobby Moore these days.....

Southend:

Benji - to talk us through the goal
Donut - for the gossip
Ansah - for the celeb chat
Gower - just to annoy ldnfatso
Jamie Stuart - a good laugh

Twitter -

Danny Baker
@themanwhofellasleep
Milton Jones
Judd Apatow
Mike Scully

Twitter

Chris Phillips - Echo
Danny Baker - Radio

Southend Wise

Steve Tilson - Legend.

Sammy's a bit dull, mate. Derek Spence on the other hand, can't stop him talking.

Southend:

Benji - to talk us through the goal
Donut - for the gossip
Ansah - for the celeb chat
Gower - just to annoy ldnfatso
Jamie Stuart - a good laugh

Twitter -

Danny Baker
@themanwhofellasleep
Milton Jones
Judd Apatow
Mike Scully

Good choices, but you can have one more for each...

Back