• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Efe Sodje

Youth Team
Paddy Power are sponsoring Farnborough and have changed the player names to footballing legends.

Another brilliant piece of marketing from the guy at Paddy Power!

Even an ex-shrimper has changed his name

Here's the squad list:
GK: Gordon Banks (Kevin Scriven)
DF: Lothar Matthaus (Joshua Huggins)
DF: Roberto Carlos (Oliver Treacher)
DF: Paolo Maldini (Adam Doyle)
DF: Alan Hansen (Alan Inns)
DF: Cafu (Paul Massaquoi)
DF: John Terry (Djibril Fofana)
DF: Franz Beckenbauer (Thomas McGarry)
MF: George Best (Reece Jones)
MF: Paul Gascoigne (Stephen Laidler)
MF: Zinedine Zidane (Merrick James-Lewis)
MF: Johann Cruyff (Tyrone Berry)
FW: Lionel Messi (Daniel Bennett)
FW: Gary Lineker (Reece Connolly)
FW: Diego Maradona (David Tarpey)
FW: Pele (Elvis Hammond)
Manager: Jose Mourinho (Spencer Day)
Assistant: Paddy Power (James Dynan)
Coach: Sir Alex Ferguson (Simon Gardener)
Kit man: Terry Venables (Roger Peirce)

Full article: http://blog.paddypower.com/2013/08/...o-the-greatest-team-of-all-time/?AFF_ID=16561

You can expect more of this from Paddys. They're chucking money at their marketing department in preparation for the World Cup next year and are recruiting all kinds of PR agencies for some stunt campaigns.

What is the effect (perosnally) of having to change your name by deed poll, just out of interest. Sure its a fun gimmick, but if i went home, and told the wife work were making me change my name to Eric Cantona, i think she'd suggest i get a different job.

That is just pure and utter craziness!

How the hell did they allow someone to rename themselves John Terry in a team full of 'footballing legends'.

I find it hard to believe they've actually changed their names. I'm betting it's just their registration names I.e football.

If they have actually changed their name then that's barmy.

I find it hard to believe they've actually changed their names. I'm betting it's just their registration names I.e football.

If they have actually changed their name then that's barmy.

It does say by deed poll but if you watch the YouTube video they say they have changed it for a year/season.

I remember Elvis Hammond played against us a few times ..... shame he got to be Pele rather than Wayne Gray .... after all .... ""Wayne Gray -- He is the new Pele "" ( great song )

Think it's totally stupid, and probably misrepresentation in some way or another! Merrick James-Lewis is a great name in its own right!

The Football authorities should ban them from all competitions if they persist in this stupidity. That will pretty swiftly put an end to this nonsense.:thumbsup:

The Football authorities should ban them from all competitions if they persist in this stupidity. That will pretty swiftly put an end to this nonsense.:thumbsup:
Farnborough have not managed to play either of their 2 league matches yet due to ongoing problems with the Conference over meeting the eligibility criteria to stay members of the league.
It would appear that the Conference are not happy with the Paddy Power deal and have arranged a meeting to discuss Farnborough's future.

Farnborough have not managed to play either of their 2 league matches yet due to ongoing problems with the Conference over meeting the eligibility criteria to stay members of the league.
It would appear that the Conference are not happy with the Paddy Power deal and have arranged a meeting to discuss Farnborough's future.

It is a really bizarre thing and I can understand why the conference aren't happy about it.

Turning the beautiful game into a circus act, i hope they get kicked out of the league ,its disgusting and an insult to all those great players whoses names they are stealing and putting to ridicule.

It's all getting a bit nasty, this. Can't reveal too much, but Paddys are raging that Farnborough might get kicked out and if they do, Paddys media machine is going to kick into overdrive.

Farnborough still not registered its membership and now that's another game (today) called off because of it.

Back