• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite biting/stinging insect.

Favourite biting/stinging insect?

• Total voters

Rudi Luftwaffe

Following a recent boating trip around the home counties - what is your favourite biting/stinging insect?

Bees are great. Their hives are beautifully perfect mathematical shapes. The rest are stinging *****.

Bees are bloody important for pollination, if they ceased to exist we'd be in no end of trouble. Also they're not aggressive, and only sting as a last resort. I used to stroke them as a kid, and never got stung.

I'd put Hornets second. Big, and bloody terrifying, but again generally not at all aggressive.

Bees shouldn't be able to fly as they pretty much violate the laws of aerodynamics. No one told the bees though. That makes them awesome. Bees rock.

I also work with a guy called Midge and he's okay too.

Midge (as in a Scottish midgie) is nothing like a mosquito. Midgies are miniscule - they just look like tiny black dots (as opposed to any discernible animal, as such) - but swarm together in their thousands. They inflict tiny wee bites together, and love damp Scottish ferns / grasses.

Midge / gnat? Not sure.

Mosquito - well, you know how they look.

Bees shouldn't be able to fly as they pretty much violate the laws of aerodynamics. No one told the bees though. That makes them awesome. Bees rock.

I also work with a guy called Midge and he's okay too.

You never told me you were in Ultravox. Can I have an autograph :)

Back