• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite Car

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Mine would have to be the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, beautiful to look at and just look at its stats....

What a beast, if only i had the best part of £1m to buy the f%&ker!!..

Wow!!

What's yours?..

rock.gif

Was this the Car that, giving a Train a headstart, would still beat the train over a set distance?

Did anybody see the Car Garage in Bournemouth along the road between The Queens Park and The Dolphin? Some real nice cars in their, along with my favourite DB9

Not into all this "small package" substitute sports car thing.
For me, my ideal would be either a Porsche Cayenne S or a Range Rover Sport.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ April 06 2006,09:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ April 06 2006,08:43)]Mine
smile.gif

aston_martin_db7_vantage_volante_06664_0022_03_04_md_01.jpg
Looks like something aging centre back would buy

wink.gif
Aging? Maybe. Not sure I can be classed as a centre back any more though, you need to get on a pitch to do that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ April 05 2006,23:50)]Mine would have to be the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, beautiful to look at and just look at its stats....

What a beast, if only i had the best part of £1m to buy the f%&ker!!..

Wow!!

What's yours?..

rock.gif
Honda Civic Type R in racing silver.. and with plush interior
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ April 06 2006,09:15)]Not into all this "small package" substitute sports car thing.
For me, my ideal would be either a Porsche Cayenne S or a Range Rover Sport.
me too.. range rover
porsche
x5

10728_0_1_2_t%20140%20v%20bonneville_Submitted%20by%20anonymous%20user..jpg

You can stick your cars.......I'd rather have this.

a Royal jubillee 1977 triumph. pi$$ed oil everywhere. Unreliable. British.
I loved this bike.
Only had it for a week and it got nicked from Barking  
sad.gif

(Apologies to those that actually do own supercars)

It always amuses me how men can discuss the comparitive merits of cars as if they had test driven them to the limit in all manner of conditions when all they have really done is watch top gear a couple of times.

My favourite car was my first car.

I think a lot of people would agree with that sentiment if not the particular model in my circumstance

allegro-f3q-white-f.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ April 06 2006,11:36)]My favourite car was my first car. I think a lot of people would agree with that sentiment
You have to be kidding?! I can happily confirm that the first car I drove after passing my test (a Renault 9) was definitely not my favourite car - it drove like an asthmatic sponge:

renault_9.jpg

The next one wasn't a lot better - a Peugeot 405 Estate. Hardly a big winner in the glam stakes, it drank oil and petrol for fun and was pretty bloody unreliable by the end:

405auto.jpg

I am very fond of my current car, a Volvo S60 - supremely comfortable, safe, reliable, decent performance, and cheap to run yet (fairly) environmentally friendly since it runs on LPG:

volvo_01.jpg

As for the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel of a car? That's a two-way tie for either of these cars... and, if I manage to own a house with a large garage at some point and have some spare cash kicking around, I'd definitely consider getting one:

Austin-Healey 3000:

austin-healey-3000-8.jpg

Smart Roadster:

smart_roadster.jpg

biggrin.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ April 06 2006,13:00)]MtS - Shrimperzone's very own Toad of Toad Hall
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I presume you're referring to this one...

austin-healey-3000-8.jpg

What can I say...? Pure motoring joy. It's a gorgeous car to look at, has an engine that roars, weighs about as much as an enamel bath but has a three litre engine strapped to the front - and consequently goes like sh*t off a shovel.

Absolutely superb. My only quibble with is was the slightly odd gear box... it had the shortest first gear I've ever experienced - up to 10mph, and then you have to get it into second.

It's where the Smart Roadster really wins... a semi-auto gearbox, it has paddle gears like bloomin' Schumacher and a six-speed box to boot. It weighs as much as one of Andy Fordham's shoes, so consequently pulls away from the lights like a scalded cat. It's a bit odd climbing in and out of - your arse is only a few inches off the road - but bloody hell, it is a LOT of fun.

biggrin.gif

Back