• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite grounds

mrsblue

Banned
What about an old football ground? E.g. Goodison Park - both an old building and a football ground!

Under the football umbrella ,then every ground has its own beauty !

St Albans City is an utterly fascinating ground to name just one,at the other spectrum the likes of Old Trafford with the history behind the story is truly awe inspiring .

Appreciate we are going slightly off topic here, but I like St Albans City too. Lovely approach to the ground through Clarence Park and a classic 'bits and pieces' layout. Alas, last time I took my (five year old) son he was more interested in the trains whizzing past the ground...

Appreciate we are going slightly off topic here, but I like St Albans City too. Lovely approach to the ground through Clarence Park and a classic 'bits and pieces' layout. Alas, last time I took my (five year old) son he was more interested in the trains whizzing past the ground...

The strangest ground to date was Antibes FC in France,the ground had one entrance from the road,yet if you walked slightly further you could see the entire pitch without actually paying,if you wanted too !no stands just concrete terracing .

Went to Layer Road when the club had long departed,seeing it overgrown was an eye opener .

Off topic

mrsblue and I went a bit off topic on another thread, so bringing some of the posts from there on to here...

I quite like Exeter's St. James' Park, away terrace isn't the best but a great little ground.

The Valley, a proper football ground with bundles of history good and bad.

The Valley is wonderful,the away end is by itself but allows the viewer to look at the bowl which the rest of the ground offers.

I also love Craven Cottage.

Probably biased but Bramall Lane and Hillsborough are both fantastic.

Back