• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC Match 3 Battrick Week 4

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Thought I'd get my marker down early for this as I may be tied up tomorrow morning. This is my toughest game of the season (arguably the return at his could be tougher). I am at home to a very dangerous opponent tomorrow with two 100k bowlers and reasonable depth elsewhere. On match ratings so far I edge him in all areas but I have a feeling this one is going to be a real rollercoaster ride with full batting points unlikely.

Still working out whether to play two or three spinners and four or five bowlers. I may opt for 5 on the basis I'll need to take wickets and pray that Mckie sticks around long enough to get one or two partnerships going. All at Sublime apart from two at energetic. Win this and restrict his batting bonus points to equal or less than mine and I'm as good as up as I then have four virtual walkovers before the return fixture

Away at a side I drew with twice last season, He has a few players at fresh and lively. I'm at sublime and 3 energetic so have a first choice XI to choose from. Need to win to harbor any chances of challenging top spot.

EDIT - I am away on his green pitch so this is my toughest of the season. Overnight Mckie went sublime so just the one at energetic. Their two strike bowlers at sublime but they have a few lively that I'm hoping he starts with.

Green is my second preferred pitch after dusty. Going with three seamers and two spinners expecting Blinkhorn to tear them apart. the all rounder spinner is usually succesful on green as well. One of my other seamers also bats and the other popped to rem/quality last week.

1st of 3 home games in a week for me.

He's got some good players, and they're all pretty fit, but I'm playing a full-strength side as I'm going to throw Friday's OD game. I'm 4th and he's 5th, so a win would probably ensure that I'm safe in this division at least.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB at full-strength and all at Sublime, as she looks to make it 3 wins out of 3. She plays the side that's 3rd, and shouldn't have too many problems.

ShrimperZone CC v White Lodge Wizards

2nd v 4th, we've won one and lost one, they've drawn both. With cloudy weather today and sunny the next two days the toss is vital. We have 4 players at energetic whilst they are mostly sublime, though we have the overall edge on BTR. Fact they've drawn two suggests a decent batting line up. We go with 4 bowlers again as have a chance to rest on Friday.

Bad toss to lose, means we're probably going to have to try to bowl them out twice in sunny conditions.

Welcome to Garon Park for the match between ShrimperZone CC and White Lodge Wizards.

We can tell you that White Lodge Wizards won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this partially cloudy day.

End of Over 2 (1 runs). ShrimperZone CC: 3-0, runrate=1.50
Overs left today: 108
Leacock 1-0-1-0
Cunningham* 1 (6 balls)
Sinethemba 2 (6 balls)

We can tell you that Napster's XI won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this sunny day.

Lets join our team for ball-by-ball commentary.

End of Over 4 (2 runs). Phil's Sloggers: 5-0, runrate=1.25
Overs left today: 106
Nethercott 2-1-2-0
Furlong* 1 (12 balls)
Swift 4 (12 balls)

What B said, although on a good note, we've had record gate receipts of 391k today :clap:

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Baggys Slackers

Baggys Slackers won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 8 (2 runs). BATTY SHRIMPERS: 19-1, runrate=2.38
Overs remaining today: 102
Haines 4-0-5-1
Pollock* 4 (20 balls)
Downing 0 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Nagendranath c. Preedy b. Haines 14 (FOW: 19/1)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't look as though Mrs BB is going to have any problems.

Bowled a Maiden Over v DIBS DIPPERS

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 8 (3 runs). Bowled a Maiden Over: 6-3, runrate=0.75
Overs remaining today: 102
Mohammed 4-2-4-1
Oakley* 1 (7 balls)
Maxim 2 (10 balls)

Last Wicket: Gurusinha c. Morgan b. Mohammed 0 (FOW: 3/3)

12 runs off the last two overs, shows how slow it was before. Sini gone already, this really could be a struggle. Leacock is a 140k bowler so will be pleased to see him off without losing any more wickets.

End of Over 14 (7 runs). ShrimperZone CC: 25-1, runrate=1.79
Overs left today: 96
Leacock 7-3-11-1
Cunningham* 13 (46 balls)
Lamey 7 (14 balls)

Last Wicket: Sinethemba c. Hoyte b. Leacock 4 (FOW: 7/1)

End of Over 34 (7 runs). Phil's Sloggers: 110-3, runrate=3.24
Overs left today: 76
Storer 8-0-43-1
Stringfellow* 4 (4 balls)
Friedrich 44 (60 balls)

Last Wicket: Smart c. Perry b. Storer 2 (FOW: 99/3)

Pleasing mornings work, got the run rate up and didn't lose any more wickets. Hopefully we can kick on this afternoon and hopefully get to the 360 mark before close of play.

The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 35 (2 runs). ShrimperZone CC: 105-1, runrate=3.00
Overs left today: 75
Leacock 8-3-13-1
Cunningham* 55 (96 balls)
Lamey 44 (91 balls)

Last Wicket: Sinethemba c. Hoyte b. Leacock 4 (FOW: 7/1)

Superb morning session!! Good toss to win and have done some real damage this morning in bowler friendly conditions. These guys are currently top and im currently bottom but the league is going to be very tight this season.

End of Over 35 (1 runs). Hamptonians: 104-8, runrate=2.97
Overs left today: 75
Guy 9-0-28-0
Turnball* 74 (114 balls)
Nelson 0 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Seeby c. Stanton b. Raven 0 (FOW: 103/8)

Cook & Deane are rested so batting is a little light!

Just seen i've only bought in £240K (compared to £320k for my first FC match) this week. Bit of a contrast to lose 25% of the fans this early in the season! Anyway, Hitchman (remember him!!) comes in and takes the final two wickets!!

End of Over 41 (1 runs). Hamptonians: 120-10, runrate=2.93
Overs left today: 69
Hitchman 2-1-5-2
Turnball* 84 (124 balls)

Richie departs and we've slowed down again. Good knock though in the conditions. Think I'll be happy just to get near to 300.

End of Over 47 (Maiden). ShrimperZone CC: 145-2, runrate=3.09
Overs left today: 63
Leacock 14-5-26-2
Lamey* 58 (123 balls)
Sandile 7 (25 balls)

Last Wicket: Cunningham lbw b. Leacock 73 (FOW: 128/2)

A game I'm always going to win, just a case of seeing how quickly I can do it. This last pair has hung on for too long already 49 balls for 1 run (a wide at that!)

End of Over 53 (1 runs). Salmonella CCC: 68-9, runrate=1.28
Overs left today: 57
Padmakumara 12-8-5-2
Holt* 0 (19 balls)
Barrett 0 (30 balls)

Last Wicket: Haines c. Salmon b. Coutts 1 (FOW: 67/9)

End of Over 55 (Maiden, 2lb). Strawberry Hill: 144-8, runrate=2.62
Overs left today: 55
Gichki 7-3-25-2
Lockett* 0 (1 balls)
Woods 0 (3 balls)
Last Wicket: Tau b. Gichki 73 (FOW: 142/8)

End of Over 57 (Maiden). Strawberry Hill: 144-10, runrate=2.53
Overs left today: 53
Gichki 7-3-25-4
Lockett* 0 (7 balls)
56.2 W Gichki to Waterhouse
Wicket. Waterhouse hammers the ball to mid off, but he hasn't got on top of it, and it's an easy catch for Hulse. He didn't have to move for that one.
56.1 W Gichki to Woods
Superb catch behind by Wright.

Last edited:
Struggling a bit in the bowler friendly conditions. Hopefully we can make some inroads when we come to bowl later today, otherwise it's going to be a tough ask to win from here.

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Baggys Slackers

Baggys Slackers won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 56 (6 runs). BATTY SHRIMPERS: 185-6, runrate=3.30
Overs remaining today: 54
Ohara 18-2-64-3
Glasby* 1 (4 balls)
Schoeman 29 (33 balls)

Last Wicket: Middleton b. Haines 6 (FOW: 179/6)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good performance from Mrs BB's bowlers. She's looking at another 2 day win.

Bowled a Maiden Over v DIBS DIPPERS

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 15 (1 runs). DIBS DIPPERS: 53-2, runrate=3.53
Trail by 9 runs. (Bowled a Maiden Over 62-10)
Overs remaining today: 55
Varney 8-2-22-2
Hutton* 17 (41 balls)
Morgan 4 (18 balls)

Last Wicket: Stride c. Uys b. Varney 9 (FOW: 32/2)

Back