• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Week 5

MrB

Life President
We take on Every_one_a_Wrongun who play in Kev's OD league. Four 50k+ players but one of them is fatigued and some of the lesser players have fitness issues as well.

With my squad pretty much fully fit it will be a full strength line up, they sit third so a good win will put some daylight between us (we're second). 1st play 4th on a hard and fast so I'm hoping that might be a draw. We play on green so my bowlers will be hoping to continue their good FC form:

1. Cowan (Every_one_a_Wrongun) 3 108.1 47 159 32 4.97 7-12 4 20.28 1.47
2. Sutherland (ShrimperZone CC) 3 74.0 22 142 21 6.76 5-14 3 21.14 1.92
3. Horrigan (ShrimperZone CC) 4 83.0 36 133 14 9.50 5-26 1 35.57 1.60
4. Cook (ShrimperZone CC) 3 82.3 34 115 12 9.58 4-26 0 41.25 1.39
5. Tapp (Potato Heads) 4 159.2 48 300 30 10.00 7-24 2 31.87 1.88
6. Mushtaq (ShrimperZone CC) 4 66.1 20 136 13 10.46 5-14 1 30.54 2.06
7. Southgate (Lenzie XI) 4 90.1 29 197 17 11.59 6-38 1 31.82 2.18
8. Sajjad (ShrimperZone CC) 4 61.3 26 112 9 12.44 2-13 0 41.00 1.82

Liking that!

i almost sh*t myself when i saw this thread... thought it was tuesday and i'd missed half a days play!

I wish it was Tuesday. This day has dragged on too long already.

got The Fortescue CC on their green track tomorrow. their best player is 32k rated and sublime, but he's a WK with only 1 career half-century to his name, so i'm not as bothered about that as i might otherwise be. below that there's a lot of fitness issues among his better players, 4 of his next 6 down are fresh or lower. so i'm in with a shout at least. didn't give cairns any nets this week (and rested him on friday) to give his fitness a chance to recover, he's back to energetic today which is good. so in with a shot at least... will have a look at the weather but i'm inclined to bat at the moment to take advantage of reduced fitness in his bowlers.

My opponent seems to be changing their pitch. It was flat, fortunately its now slow, which means more chance of forcing a result and less chance of my bowlers flogging themselves to death on a road. I have fitness issues and am contemplating making changes to my bowling line-up, but its a tricky balance between resting players and trying to bowl them out as cheaply as possible, which should mean less overs to bowl.

Has anyone much experience on a slow pitch?

I'm not sure I've ever actually played on one!

Changing my pitch to cracked, to make use of my spinners, who seem to be thriving at FC.

Playing One Hit Wonders who have had an equally good start to me in FC.

They;ve got 16 squad players - stamina wise they're

Sublime x 10
Fresh x 2
Invigorated
Fair
Low

BTR wise, they're pretty good as well

Damian Allen - 20 yo, BT Rating=10,452
Paul Ashmore - 21 yo, BT Rating=17,231
Shaun Boyd - 26 yo, BT Rating=3,959
Mark Breedt - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,465
Chris Cogan - 27 yo, BT Rating=7,257
Stephen Dawber - 18 yo, BT Rating=11,908
Sean Deane - 22 yo, BT Rating=6,468
Bill Gillan - 21 yo, BT Rating=8,162
Zesh Grant - 21 yo, BT Rating=5,531
Mukesh Grewcock - 19 yo, BT Rating=6,360
Geethan Jeithoon - 24 yo, BT Rating=10,275
Scott Myhill - 29 yo, BT Rating=10,026
Mike Pieters - 28 yo, BT Rating=20,360
Benjamin Thay - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,268
Tim Thompson - 32 yo, BT Rating=9,213
Graeme Wynand - 21 yo, BT Rating=16,521

Bearing in mind my stamina for the game is:

sublime x 3
energetic x 3
fair x 2
invigorated x 2
fresh

and my BTR's are around the 8,000 mark, I might struggle with this one

I'm playing the side that is 2nd at the moment. I've got probably 4 of my best 5 players at Invigorated (Evelyn, Schoeman, Curle and Middleton), so have made a concious decision to concentrate on OD, and if I get relegated in FC, then so be it. I've been drawn in quite a tough FC league with no easy games, so something has had to give. I'm not playing anyone who is less than Energetic for the rest of the season, until I'm safe from relegation in OD.

So consequently I expect to get hammered in this game, although of the top 11 of my oppo's BTR, only 2 are at Sublime, 2 at Invigorated and the rest between Low and Fresh, so who knows ?

strange, theyve decided to field;..

We can tell you that One Hit Wonders won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this sunny day.

Lets join our team for ball-by-ball commentary.

End of Over 1 (6 runs, 1lb). Napster's XI: 7-0, runrate=7.00
Ashmore 1-0-6-0
Murray* 3 (2 balls)
Jefferson 3 (4 balls)

BATTY SHRIMPERS v West Reading

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this partially cloud day.

This could be short and sweet !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Stars v DIBS DIPPERS

We can tell you that DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this partially cloud day.

With no Potter, Stride or Eagles, this could be even shorter !

My opponent opens with his £19k p/w batsman, made a late decision to rest Suthers so was worried we might not be able to make an early breakthrough:

0.6 W Cook to Johnson
Out! Johnson had a nibble and Askew takes a comfortable catch at waist height. Classic dismissal.

Lovely! Brings a £14k p/w batsman to the crease but there's nothing to o strong after him.

Not that strange a decision to bat first on a green pitch Naps. I've been put in first on a dusty pitch, which is a little more surprising, although the overcast and humid conditions mean its understandable.

3-0 after 2.2

Welcome to Work Reds CG for the match between Work Reds CC and Southend.

We can tell you that Southend won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking slow and low. Tough for everyone. Could be a low scoring match on this partially cloudy and windy day.

End of Over 5 (5 runs). Southend: 29-0, runrate=5.80
Dick 1-0-5-0
Hudson* 17 (19 balls)
Thay 12 (11 balls)

I'm looking to win this in 1-2 days.

Bugger

End of Over 6 (6 runs). Napster's XI: 30-1, runrate=5.00
Jeithoon 3-1-9-1
Jefferson* 5 (15 balls)
Sutherland 6 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Murray b. Jeithoon 17 (FOW: 24/1)

5.6 6 Jeithoon to Sutherland
Well caught sir! Just a shame from Jeithoon's point of view the catcher was in the crowd! Six runs!
5.5 . Jeithoon to Sutherland
It's all about line and length, and that one from Jeithoon had both. Great delivery!
5.4 W Jeithoon to Murray
Bowled him! Good length ball with a hint of swing, misjudgement from Murray as it clatters into off stump!

Got put into bat, on a flat pitch and the weather is partially cloudy and windy, guessing overall this makes it bowler friendly looking at how quickly I'm scoring but gives my bowlers another day to rest which is nice. Looks like they've changed the showing of the PFL back again to just changeable too.

End of Over 7 (Maiden). Southend United: 11-0, runrate=1.57
Carlisle 4-1-6-0
Sugden* 8 (17 balls)
Flood 3 (25 balls)

End of Over 8 (1 runs). BATTY SHRIMPERS: 13-1, runrate=1.63
Ogrady 4-1-4-1
Ricketts* 7 (18 balls)
Raziuddin 1 (19 balls)

Last Wicket: Blake c. Sellars b. Ogrady 3 (FOW: 6/1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Over 9 (2 runs). DIBS DIPPERS: 15-1, runrate=1.67
Thompson 5-2-6-0
Judd* 1 (19 balls)
Hutton 8 (30 balls)

Last Wicket: Owens c. Stanton b. Tomlinson 2 (FOW: 2/1)

Back