• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Its bad for all teams especially smaller ones who cannot afford big squads. Another great move by FIFA to add to their list of embarrassing ideas

They have a point though. Clubs take the **** with 'emergency loans'. Take our goalkeeper situation for example. We shouldn't really have been allowed to sign Daniels on loan as we had a perfectly fit and able sub goalkeeper in Daniel Bentley.

No matter how good or bad Bentley is, he's our reserve keeper and we should have been told we had to play him instead.

They have a point though. Clubs take the **** with 'emergency loans'. Take our goalkeeper situation for example. We shouldn't really have been allowed to sign Daniels on loan as we had a perfectly fit and able sub goalkeeper in Daniel Bentley.

No matter how good or bad Bentley is, he's our reserve keeper and we should have been told we had to play him instead.

I understand your point but he is 2nd choice keeper purely because we cannot afford to pay for a better sub keeper. If we did have one on the books then it would be another resource drainer from the club, same applies to all other small clubs. The way it works now is good for all.

I thought that Bentley was injured at the time as well, which was why he wasn't on the bench, or have I gone mad.

I thought that Bentley was injured at the time as well, which was why he wasn't on the bench, or have I gone mad.
I remember it like that as well, wasn't there panic for a cup game because Daniels wasn't allowed to play and both our keepers were still injured?

Surely it doesn't matter either way as we'd have needed another keeper on the bench anyway?

Bentley was on the bench for Daniels' first two matches, the 3-0 win at Barnet and the 2-0 win at Macclesfield. He got injured after that.

Bentley had a minor shoulder injury at the time but had also declared himself fit.

Surely it doesn't matter either way as we'd have needed another keeper on the bench anyway?

And that surely is the point. The emergency loan allows clubs with small squads to bring in, in our case a goalkeeper, or we'd be faced with the farcical situation in the event of another injury of having no goalkeeper. I suspect however, FIFA see this as progress...

You must all remember that FIFA live in a different world to the rest of us; it is not hot in the summer in Qatar, and if it is they have air con'd stadia to cope; there is no racism in football, and if there is it can be solved with a handshake over a pint after the game; there is no corruption in the higher levels of the game, only 'misunderstandings'. :winking:

FIFA's understanding of the realities of lower league football in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter, is akin to the chances of my 23 year old son believing in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy; next to none. :headbang:

If they didnt have pointless transfer windows then clubs would not have to try to work around them...

The Transfer window is effectivly illegal, as it restricts the right of an employee to move jobs freely.

Unfortunately it is not. As a person can buyout/cancel/have terminated their contract at any time and can then become employed by anyone club or company. They just can't play for another team in competitive games until their players registration is transfered. The fact they cannot play does not change the fact that they would be employed.

I do think that FIFA need to reform the transfer rules though and need to consult football authorities at all levels during the consultation period rather than focus on the top teams. Emergency loans being banned could ruin a lot of teams seasons through just plain dumb luck with injuries.

Take our goalkeeper situation for example. We shouldn't really have been allowed to sign Daniels on loan

Not sure I agree with that. However, given that Morris is now fit, he should really be starting regardless of how good Daniels is...

Unfortunately it is not. As a person can buyout/cancel/have terminated their contract at any time and can then become employed by anyone club or company. They just can't play for another team in competitive games until their players registration is transfered. The fact they cannot play does not change the fact that they would be employed.

So it is ok to move to another employer but not to actually do any work for them, no doubt true but very strange.

As I recall fifa get very snotty if clubs/countries actually take matters to the courts but in the case of Bosman they had no choice to accept that the law holds more weight than their views. Legal advice on this would be interesting.

I must admit though there are "emergency loans" and then there are emergency loans and I do think that sometimes the bar for what is an emergency is set quite low so I would think a slight tightening up rather than a blanket ban would be far fairer.

Anyway wont bother us as by 2014 we will be in the championship playing at our new ground and rolling in money so squad size wont be a problem. mmmmmm this jack daniels is good stuff!:smile:

Back