• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First day fixtures?

BrettieAngell

THE ROCK GOD
Found this on another forum, they were originally posted on a Brentford messageboard!

Well personally I'd be happy with Walsall away first game becuase I am out of the country! Could of course be a load of $%&*e, but hey!

tranmere v yeovil
swansea v bristol city
hartlepool v mk dons
walsall v southend
scun thorpe v oldham
chesterfield v gillingham
rotherham v port vale
huddersfield v swindon
blackpool v C********r
barnsley v doncaster
bournemouth v bradford
notts forest v brentford

It'd be slightly scary if that did happen.
wink.gif

What a coincidence - they have Forest away first fixture
rock.gif

Utter sloblock - as I believe the respindents to that thread on the Bees messageboard said

That's just a rumour, loads of people have being posting the supposed 'first day fixtures' on various forums. They just have nothing to better, how on earth would they get hold of them? We'll all find out on Thursday.

why does everyone want Notts Forest on the first day? Every1s gotta play em @ sum stage anyway, and I thought it was a good thing to start off with a win, although I know we did lose (in fact got hammered) by Cheltenham on the swealtering heat of last year, and went on to have our best season in years.

An early Col Ewe slaughtering at Layer Road wud be more up my street! If not id settle for a grudge match against either Yeovil or Swansea, but not too fussed as long as we do ourselves proud!

Like I said I have to miss the first game of the season, so something like Walsall away would suit me fine!

Camelot have also released tonights lottery numbers

They are 3,14,19,36,45 & 46. The bonus ball will be 13.

You heard it here first.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ June 21 2005,19:04)]swansea v bristol city
No way are they genuine, Swansea vs Bristol City as the first game of the season in their new stadium, that would be a recipe for total carnage that'll be a Tuesday night game in deepest darkest January for sure.

Apparently Liverpool have Everton on the first day to, with Tranmere at home to Yeovil.
Seems logical...

glare.gif

The fixtures were done a few days ago but aren't announced until thursday. In the past when they have leaked they just swap the first round of matches for the third.

The Everton/Liverpool opening day fixture has been hotly rumoured for a week or so now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 22 2005,13:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ June 22 2005,12:54)]The Everton/Liverpool opening day fixture has been hotly rumoured for a week or so now.
And its steamed like an overripe **** ever since  
rock.gif
Nah! They'll meet in the Champions League qualifying round first.

As for the opening day fixtures, it seems to me that we tend to get a home match first when we have just been promoted. Hope so.

Also newly promoted clubs seem to get teams from mid-table of the previous season.

Based on the two previous paragraphs, I'll stick my nexk out and go for:

Southend vs. Bradford

All will be revealed tomorrow.

Back