• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First Football Management Position

pickledseal

cowboy
I today got asked, and accepted the position of Y8 Boys 'B' Team Coach & Manager. :D

Get in! All those years of FM and now I can put it into practice; "Jumpers for goalposts!"

job number one: by yourself a sheepskin coat & some cigars - got to look the part.

I today got asked, and accepted the position of Y8 Boys 'B' Team Coach & Manager. :D

Get in! All those years of FM and now I can put it into practice; "Jumpers for goalposts!"

I signed up for a team about 7 years ago as my mate played for them. Manager was a lemon and after about 5 weeks of me telling people how they should be playing in training and on the pitch, movement, marking etc,(I am quite vocal) the manager got the huff and quit.

They asked me to be player\manager which I did but they really didn't want to listen.

I was playing LB one week and the CB let the guy run through on goal and score. When I asked why, he said that as the ball was played from the guys own half, he was offside so let him go through, expecting the Lino to flag him off!!

I immediately swapped with him and went to CB, but quit after the game...Never again!

Can't wait to be honest, although worried I will get too in to it, forget I am at school instead of the West Stand and start calling the ref a ******!

Get yourself a copy of Jim White's 'You'll Win Nothing With Kids', a superb account of his years coaching youth football teams. It was my summer holiday read and I can't recommend it highly enough

Back