• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First team coach/es

Bet both would manage our U23 side for learning experience and to coach our first team players?!

At least we have one of our striker slots filled in!

Bet both would manage our U23 side for learning experience and to coach our first team players?!

At least we have one of our striker slots filled in!

I seem to remember a few posters on here saying Coxy was a really bad influence on the youngsters, allegedly organising **** ups and pressurising them to drink, being a bit bullying etc. I’d have massive concerns about him being anywhere near the under-23’s if that’s true.

Lets not forget that Cox became a bad influence once the other strong characters including PB had left.

I get the feeling that neither PB or CF would stand for any thing other than very high standards

The surprise would be if anyone is surprised. And of course some will never be happy whoever we get, and of course its all Ron's fault. This has to be said. Thus don't worry about the fact that these potential choices are not good enough, because any others likely wouldn't be either.

I heard like others PB was talking to one or two current and ex players about coaching roles.
The timing of Cox wanting to get back made me wonder.

Both genuinely want to get into coaching and Cox certainly, and I believe Demi, have been doing their badges. Whatever happened under other managers with Cox I don't know, but PB rates both highly. And it's PB who matters- he knows both very well and so doesn't need our valuable observations based on rumour.

Obviously Demi will carry on playing and Cox would, I suspect, as well. Of course, many on here believe somehow we will attract far, far better players than Simon Cox to the club. Maybe they are indeed queuing up, famished, holding out their plates. But this kind of approach (forget for now the personalities) seems very sensible. We are going into the NL. Many on here say we need to keep the spending under control and learn lessons/ the next poster will then, of course, probably say we need protests if we aren't in the top 2 at Xmas.

When PB looks at the budget for the playing and coaching staff one option is to have a couple of player-coaches. Their cost is spread and likely they will be flexible on wages because its an opportunity ready for life after football. PB could probably take on Tims as well and still not get to the size of the previous backroom staff. And most of them had never even stepped onto a professional football pitch.

Of course it may not happen. If it does I am not going to write it off before it even starts.

We really need to be moving forwards not backwards.
Playing devils advocate but if it was a story but Adam Barrett coming in to coach the defence would we still need to be looking forwards.

If they can coach the U23s and first team into a couple of extra goals and "clean sheet mentality" I'd welcome the addition, as long as it's within staff budget and team moral isn't affected (For the worse)

Like others i generally thought cox was considered a negative influence and was one of the many players that couldnt give a toss we were so keen to get rid of.

We are rapidly becoming ron martin phil brown, the squad that was second worst in the efl and the old boys network.

All feels like a depressing backwards step to me.

This club never learns.

Appoint a manager who had a part in our recent demise.

Get shot of problematic players and bring them back when nobody would touch them (Ranger), or consider bringing ex-player in to coach when they've shown they have questionable attitude and professional ethics.

We needed a new start. Instead, we're going in circles and making the same stupid mistakes year after year.

Back