• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fitness People's Thread

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
I have become worse and worse as the days/weeks/months pass for getting into all this fitness lark. I am popping more pills than Amy Winehouse and seen more powder than Pete Docherty and Kate Moss put together. But I am wondering, am I not alone? And have a few questions for people?

The Perfect Push Up? As advertised by that SAS bloke. Anyone got one? Is it any good and worth buying?

http://perfectpushup.co.uk/

Also has anyone every used Maximuscle Thermobol, if so is it any good as I have just bought some?

Also has anyone every used Maximuscle Thermobol, if so is it any good as I have just bought some?

Don't waste your money on Thermobol, it's just as good as any other Thermogenic on the market and others are half the price. The other thing with Thermogenics is not only do you have to take them almost religiously as prescribed for them to work, but some of the side effects aren't the greatest.

Mens Health this month/last month had a run down of the best supplements out which, Maximuscle bias aside, was actually quite good. Take it with a pinch of salt because of the affiliation between Maximuscle/Mens Health, but it had a good insight into the different ranges of supplements.

I've just found my new protein, Maximuscle Promax in Vanilla flavour... One scoop Powder, One scoop Powdered Milk and it tastes like a Milkshake you'd buy in a shop. 30g of Protein for less than 300 calories.

I think I read that. Was that a hand out that came with it with every single Maximuscle supplement they do? I got the Thermobol for £20 including delivery so am not too fussed about the price seeing as my gym sell it for £35.50. What other companies sell that kind of stuff? I am well pleased with my PhD Iso-7 has been brilliant. It has a mix of protein and the added extra of creatine. I don't use it religiously though it is only one scoop before training and one scoop after training.

I think I read that. Was that a hand out that came with it with every single Maximuscle supplement they do? I got the Thermobol for £20 including delivery so am not too fussed about the price seeing as my gym sell it for £35.50. What other companies sell that kind of stuff? I am well pleased with my PhD Iso-7 has been brilliant. It has a mix of protein and the added extra of creatine. I don't use it religiously though it is only one scoop before training and one scoop after training.

LA Muscle do a very good fat stripper.

One of the best new protein/creatine mixes at the moment is the new range from Lucozade. Fresh on the market and, with the amount of money Lucozade plough into their sports science research, it's bound to be sound and is recieving some very good reviews.

Ricey, did you do the Paris marathon in the end?

My latest sports nutriton find is the Powerbar gels (tried the SiS ones but found them a bit weak, especially the caffeine one). Also very impressed with the Nuun tabs which fully hydrate without adding any carbs/protein to your drink.

Been looking to start the gym for a while but never really got round to doing it. Me and my mate have decided to go but we are on the slim side and need to get protein shakes that will help increase size, but not costing more than about 20-25 quid a month. Recommendations?

LA Muscle do a very good fat stripper.

One of the best new protein/creatine mixes at the moment is the new range from Lucozade. Fresh on the market and, with the amount of money Lucozade plough into their sports science research, it's bound to be sound and is recieving some very good reviews.

I did see in Mens Health an article about that, might take a closer look into that. Where do you buy your supplements from?

Ricey, did you do the Paris marathon in the end?

My latest sports nutriton find is the Powerbar gels (tried the SiS ones but found them a bit weak, especially the caffeine one). Also very impressed with the Nuun tabs which fully hydrate without adding any carbs/protein to your drink.

No I didn't, I had a chest infection a week before the event and then did my ankle in two days before. Really really gutted but have put myself in for the ballot for the London and hopefully will get picked but not going to get my hopes up.

Been looking to start the gym for a while but never really got round to doing it. Me and my mate have decided to go but we are on the slim side and need to get protein shakes that will help increase size, but not costing more than about 20-25 quid a month. Recommendations?

First recommendation is not to approach a training programme thinking I can do it the easy way by using protein shakes to bulk up. Same as with anything in life, you've truly got to put the groundworks in to reap the rewards. I'm not saying there isn't a place for sports nutrition (as above I obviously use some products for my chosen sport), I'm just saying use them to help you recover etc.

Last edited:

There are literally hundreds of different products, ranging from the carb-filled crap you'll get from Holland & Barrett to the high end weight gainers.

for £25, I recommend Maximuslce's Promax... Good protein, tastes great and won't destroy your insides.

Don't you get free membership at Clements Hall as you work there? Try going into Holland & Barrett they do some cheaper range of Protein shakes.

Yeah I do, really should take advantage! Was just looking to combine a protein shake as well as going to the gym.

I'l have a look at that Ricey cheers.

Fitness at my age = being able to open a bottle of wine and 20 Rothmans....:)

Can I recommend you get a job in the city. I started there about 20-21 and starting drinking with some city boys. In six months flat I went from a bag of bones into a proper fat boy.

I have been working it off ever since.

As I side issue I took creatine for about a year and it was excellent. Allows your body to work a lot harder and makes you think that you need less recovery time than you do. In turn the muscles rip and when they rip they grow and come back stronger.

Worked really well for me anyway...........

Back