• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WESTY_SUFC

It comes across that player fitness is crucial to our season. When we have our best players fit and available we are a force and the quality is clear to see. Some teams just cannot cope with us. When we don't you never know what you are going to get. What really worried me tonight is that we had over a week off yet some players were completely knackered after 20 minutes. Anyone else notice this too?

It comes across that player fitness is crucial to our season. When we have our best players fit and available we are a force and the quality is clear to see. Some teams just cannot cope with us. When we don't you never know what you are going to get. What really worried me tonight is that we had over a week off yet some players were completely knackered after 20 minutes. Anyone else notice this too?...I think sometimes I'm the only fan who actually sees these things,cannot understand why every thread I start just bombs,why don't other zone members like me?

We all like you chap,hope this helps.

It comes across that player fitness is crucial to our season. When we have our best players fit and available we are a force and the quality is clear to see. Some teams just cannot cope with us. When we don't you never know what you are going to get. What really worried me tonight is that we had over a week off yet some players were completely knackered after 20 minutes. Anyone else notice this too?

Who?

I don't think the fitness has been the level it was a couple of seasons ago, but not sure whether that's just relative because League One teams are fitter than League Two.

I am not sure that the players were tired last night BUT I do think the energy usage levels were low until Ox scored. Players seemed to have half an idea that it was a friendly, half a worry of injury, and half a worry about saving stuff for the more important game on Saturday.
And certainly Atko would normally play on with a minor injury.
Of the players starting regular games Ranger and Demetriu do seem to tire after an hour/70 mins.

Not sure the players were knackered bit in the second half we looked a bit rusty from not playing a competitive game for 10 days. In that respect I though the game was really useful in terms of match sharpness for Saturday.

Worryingly Cox and especially Ranger do not seem to be getting any fitter, thought both were poor last night. Fitness aside, we desperately need a pacey option up top!!!

Worryingly Cox and especially Ranger do not seem to be getting any fitter, thought both were poor last night. Fitness aside, we desperately need a pacey option up top!!!

It's all about opinions, but I thought Cox was our best forward last night creating several chances for others and desperately unlucky not to have his 'goal' allowed. I also thought his energy and fitness levels were good.

Difficult one to answer. There are those who say because we hadn't played a competitive game for 10 days, we should be running around like Whippets.
And when we play 2 games per week, and have a poor performance the following Saturday, tiredness is used as a reason why!.

Just got to ask the question ,were their hearts truly into it,just perhaps they look upon the league as more important,its for sure 99.9% of people on here do ,probably PB and RM do also,if thats the case then it would surely rub off onto the players.Anyway they can now focus entirely on the league matches and not letting what happened after November last season reoccur.

Back