• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We won 2-1 at Huddersfield with a last minute winner that put us into 5th place in League One with this line up

Flahaven
Francis, Clarke, Barrett, Mulgrew
Black, McCormack, Bailey, Gower
Robson-Kanu, Walker

Subs were Barnard, Moussa, Grant, Collis, Scannell

I could almost cry when I look at how far we've gone backwards in 5 years.

We won 2-1 at Huddersfield with a last minute winner that put us into 5th place in League One with this line up

Flahaven
Robson-Kanu, Walker

Not as far backwards as Scannell, Black Walker and the management team

Ten years ago today we lost 2-1 at Hartlepool with this team:

Flahavan
Sutch Cort Kelly Searle
Marney ThurGOD Beard Jenkins
Bramble Salter

Gay, Jordan, McSweeny, Kightly, Darby

Darby came on for Marney in the 67th minute

Now that team makes me weep, except the centre-halves who would walk into the team from 5 years ago.

Flahaven
Robson-Kanu, Walker

The only thing you can say to that is. THANKS VERY MUCH RON.

Fifteen years ago yesterday

1-1 at Watford

Royce
Hails Coleman Dublin Stimson
Coulboult Gridelet Maher Clarke
Thomson Rammell

Super Andy Thomson scored.

1-1 at Watford

Royce
Thomson Rammell

Am I right in thinking that was a big shock? They were top of the division and we were really struggling?

Funny to think we've not played Watford in the league since, given that we've faced them around 100 times over the years. I've been waiting for a Southend game there for ages in order to 'tick off' Vicarage Road

Am I right in thinking that was a big shock? They were top of the division and we were really struggling?

Funny to think we've not played Watford in the league since, given that we've faced them around 100 times over the years. I've been waiting for a Southend game there for ages in order to 'tick off' Vicarage Road

I have absolutely zero recollection of this game. I have a horrific record at Vicarage Road (presumably by Elton John). From seeing us go 3-0 down inside 10 minutes, to that game where Andy Thomson was sent off (no really, he was) and we conceded a last minute winner in the 98th minute. I probably couldn't take another visit there by then. Just walking up the allotments would bring me out in a cold sweat.

**Shudders**

We won the next two and thought we had turned the corner
2 points from the next 21 saw us relegated
Alvin Martin. ....

Whereas I remember the shock of beating Wigan away (David Whyte scored) and beating Bournemouth 5-3. It was 0-0 at half-time.

We got relegated at York with two games remaining.

Maher has been about forever. Must have been one of his first ever seasons with us

He'd signed a month or two earlier.

We had an unusual record of whenever we scored 5 we got relegated that season
We put 5 past Bolton the season before
Our recent relegation from the championship saw us put 5 past QPR

1-1 at Watford

Royce
Thomson Rammell

"Oh Andy Thomson,
When will we see,
Your like again?
Our flower from Scotland,
Our scorer of goals....."

We had an unusual record of whenever we scored 5 we got relegated that season
We put 5 past Bolton the season before
Our recent relegation from the championship saw us put 5 past QPR

Had?

Unless I've forgotten a goal glut, we've been relegated every season we've scored 5 in a match since 1989/90 when we beat Aldershot 5-0 twice.

I have absolutely zero recollection of this game. I have a horrific record at Vicarage Road (presumably by Elton John). From seeing us go 3-0 down inside 10 minutes, to that game where Andy Thomson was sent off (no really, he was) and we conceded a last minute winner in the 98th minute. I probably couldn't take another visit there by then. Just walking up the allotments would bring me out in a cold sweat.

I think I've only seen us play there once..2-2 IIRC and Keith Dublin scored, so it can't be that unlucky

Had?

Unless I've forgotten a goal glut, we've been relegated every season we've scored 5 in a match since 1989/90 when we beat Aldershot 5-0 twice.

Err. we didn't get relegated last season?? :dim:

The worst part will be seeing the lineup today and then reading this post again!

Anyone from today you would swap in for that team 5years ago?

Back