• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fixtures 2020/21

our adult daughter (and her partner) flew back from a very enjoyable weekend stay in Gozo on Sunday .Very quiet (understandbly) but very enjoyable too apparently
Gozo is nice (had a mini break there this week) and far less populated than Malta, which helps a lot. Malta is so densely populated and that's the problem.

Gozo is nice (had a mini break there this week) and far less populated than Malta, which helps a lot. Malta is so densely populated and that's the problem.

Yeah we went on a family holiday to Gozo for a fortnight some 16 years ago and I much preferred it to Malta.Probably our daughter did too. :-) She's in Esplace near Albi atm.

Last edited:
I wonder what is so important about that Port Vale match that MM is pointing it out..
It’s obvious. He’s pointing out that we would have 30 points following the Port Vale game as we would have won the first 10 games.

Thats the day he will be sacked if it doesn't go well

Last pre season someone joked about only having 6 points after 19 games. (Or something along them lines)

Let's hope this isn't one of those comments.

Do you think he deserves that long in charge?

I’m of the opinion that we’ll know if he can handle it or not, come half-time of the Harrogate game.

I will start posting my concerns about him before the friendlies are over. Without the need to see any of them.......Harrogate at home, if we aren't 2-0 up after 20 I will condemn him on the match thread and warn everyone non league awaits us.

The current strategy to combat Covid spread is targeted ‘lockdown’ which could mean we see fans banned for certain games In different parts of the country or even some games cancelled and rearranged. In terms of 2nd waves the current modelling I have seen is that Jan could now be more likely than November. I expect peaks in September/October when schools and unis go back but fortunately in the lower risk groups so less impact on health services but possible lockdowns in uni towns so we could be luckier than many.

Not sure if this has been said but we have a friendly away at concord on Tuesday night, anyone know about this one ?

Not sure if this has been said but we have a friendly away at concord on Tuesday night, anyone know about this one ?
I only know that MM mentioned it during the post match Millwall interview. The weird thing is that their website is saying that they are playing Royston Town Away tomorrow?

I only know that MM mentioned it during the post match Millwall interview. The weird thing is that their website is saying that they are playing Royston Town Away tomorrow?
Just seen concord chairman announcing it on Twitter as a behind closed doors friendly :Thumbs up:

Just seen concord chairman announcing it on Twitter as a behind closed doors friendly :Thumbs up:
Ah ok, just did a twitter search and found it. Our last friendly before the real stuff, albeit in the "We go out in the first round, League Cup". Although, to be fair, we did progress to the 2nd Round last year after beating Stevenage.

I still cannot believe we only won 4 games last year and I only saw 2 of them!

Back