• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Flavs

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
My gues is that that implies that they want him to stay, but as someone else's understudy, which probably means a cut in wages, hence the need for discussion.

Anyone else have other ideas?

Tilly saidlast week he was looking for a keeper to "back up Darryl".

There is no way any manager would say to his no. 1 keeper "We're offering you a contract but only as a number 2". That would be totally demotivating. Even if the manager thought it privately, what's the point of offering a contract under those circumstances? If there is a keeper in mind then they may as well get him and any old understudy.

No, I think any decent competition will put Flavs on his toes and make him perform better between the sticks. If he doesn't, THEN he's the number 2!

Tilly on BBC Essex this morning said that he would talk to Flavs today and also would talk to Richard McKinney (released by Col Ewe)

Surely these aren't the best 2 'keepers available to us?

I'll try and find out more about McKinney but presume he would only be a no.2 - if he's worse than Simon Brown, then I'm very scared!

Just heard on BBC Essex that Kenny Jones Cardiff City attacking midfield supremo 38 games (11 goals) is down at Roots Hall today for a medical,(acording to Paul Brush) He was out of contract, and wanted to move down South were his wife and family are, Is this the end for Maher??

Kenny Jones? R u sure about the name? I have checked soccerbase and the only Kenny Jones is Kenneth Jones, a scottish centre back?

very intereting in the sense that flavs is probably one of the best in the division but whom is Mckinney sounds like hes pritty poor if hes from col ewe but good news about jones

Er - I think Mr Cockles may be winding us up! Never heard of Kenny Jones!

i get that impression as well!! we are well and truly in silly season!!!

Back