• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It didn't sound, though I stand to be corrected by anyone who was there, as though we were as strong with the Corr/Eastwood combination as we were before the changes. How did it look matchside?

We started the game very brightly but slowly began to lose our way as half time approached and we didn't really threaten in the second half. We played a lot of balls in behind to Britt & Tomlin in the opening period, and we looked dangerous but eventually they sussed it. Defensively we looked very strong, Mkandwire and (in particular) Laird work tirelessly and constantly break up play. Cresswell is immense: an absolute rock. Out weakest player for me was Straker.

From my blinkered view point, I thought both goals should have stood. A fleetwood player had the touch which played it through to Britt for the first goal and the second didn't look out of play. If both were, however, illegitimate then I think a draw was a fair result. Fleetwood didn't look good going forward but were pretty solid at the back (at least, in the second half) - the fact that their keeper won MOTM does say something though. Hard to see them being up there come the end of the season.

Decent away turnout (200-250?), but we didn't make much noise and the mood was a bit spoilt by some over zealous, heavy-handed stewarding which saw some Blues fans removed (though only temporarily, I believe).

All in all, not a bad point but we could have had all 3.

Decent away following and a decent point against a side with a new manager. It will be interesting to see the disallowed goals again. Two tricky league games coming up at RH soon, Bradford and chesterfield so will be good to keep focus. intrigued to see how PS approaches tues night's game.

Again, we're a well organised unit on the road, although we looked less of a threat once Britt and Tomlin went off. Cresswell and Prosser were very solid - the latter looks a much better player when sandwiched between Cresswell and Barker. Straker was the one player that looked off the pace.

Chris Phillips has just tweeted the pic of the referee. Clearly swearing.

That's brilliant! Did he follow it up by giving
Brit a humbug while running around screaming "can't get me back 'cos I've got my fingers crossed"?

My first away trip on the TZ coach and enjoyed it immensely. Nothing wrong with either disallowed goal as far as I could see - definitely the best team in the first half and should have gone in ahead. Second half much more even and Straker missed a sitter. My MOM wouild be Prosser who along with Cresswell won everything.

An excellent 2-0 win.

We're really, really well organised and scored two good goals. Mkandawire and Laird makes us so solid through the middle. Thought we tired towards the end though.

Pretty much 7s throughout the team, but it's wrong to give individual ratings when we play like this as a team.

Superb performance how we didn't win I really don't know. Played nice football and we looked more like the home team. The 2nd disallowed goal the ball may well have gone out of play the linesman would have had a better view than us but the 1st looked a good goal but again will have to see it again to see if it really was offside. Sadly it was 2 points lost rather than one point gained.

Nice little ground but the stewards were pretty heavy handed and there was a rumour a lady Blues fan was thrown out for swearing!!!! If that did happened then thats the 1sttime ive ever heard of a woman being thrown out of a football match.

Good to see so many old faces up there today a lot of fans like myself came out of the woodwork to visit a new groud.

Superb performance how we didn't win I really don't know. Played nice football and we looked more like the home team. The 2nd disallowed goal the ball may well have gone out of play the linesman would have had a better view than us but the 1st looked a good goal but again will have to see it again to see if it really was offside. Sadly it was 2 points lost rather than one point gained.

Nice little ground but the stewards were pretty heavy handed and there was a rumour a lady Blues fan was thrown out for swearing!!!! If that did happened then thats the 1sttime ive ever heard of a woman being thrown out of a football match.

Good to see so many old faces up there today a lot of fans like myself came out of the woodwork to visit a new groud.

Saw the Straker goal and it was definitely onside. Not sure who was flagged but their player 'passed' to Britt and Straker was behind the ball when it was crossed to him.

really easy to see for the ref and linesman. Poor display by both!

I think it has happened before, to Apes, I think. Can't remember where though, possibly Stockport?

Yep, there was a lady chuck out (and not, as I hope she will forgive me saying, a spring chicken either)! On our coach, was hero worshipped.

Back