• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The General

The Mouse (*)
Me & Em are going away in June and it was all sorted a few months back. We booked flights for about half 4 on a Saturday, mainly cos i have work in the morning and so we could get for there about half 8 and should be in our appartment by about 10pm. That then leaves time to dump the bags and go out and eat and drink too much. Coming back, its a late-ish flight back but no real problems that end.

However, i just got an email saying my flight time has changed and its now going to be a late flight on Saturday. Changed by about 6 hours in total which is a farce as when booking, we paid a bit more for more of a sociable flight time. Its also going to be a bugger for the old man as he is giving us a lift to the airport! :D

Has anyone else had the same problem and did they ever get any part-refunds etc...!? Flying with Monarch for the record, from Gatwick!

Thanks people,

Kev

x

( and no, scrounger hasn't hacked my account!! )

Last edited:
Thomas Cook Air did this to us 2 years ago, we'd paid the extra to get daytime flights as we were travelling with a baby, then they f**ked us about so we weren't getting back into Glasgow until 1am.

Don't think you can do anything unless it's a change of 8hours or more either way, it will be in the T&C's of the booking.

Thomas Cook Air did this to us 2 years ago, we'd paid the extra to get daytime flights as we were travelling with a baby, then they f**ked us about so we weren't getting back into Glasgow until 1am.

Don't think you can do anything unless it's a change of 8hours or more either way, it will be in the T&C's of the booking.
Think it possibly could even be 12 hours. Either way Kev, they say 6 hours now, but then will just delay the flight by another 6 hours on the day to get round the extra compensation issue.

Take a sleeping bag with you, sleeping's not too comfy at an airport as me & Chadded found out last year!

Had a similar problem when flying back from Turkey 18 months ago with XL air. Paid extra for daytime flight and then they shifted 10 hours onto a night flight. In their terms and conditions said that no compensation was payable for minor changes, minor defined as <12 hours. So Basically they could put the flight on at anytime in a 24 hour period and the customer is stuffed. I now book flights via Avro as their terms and conditions are better - can't remember off the top of my head but something like 12 hours or move from day to night flight = compensation. So basically check the t&c but I doubt you'll get anything.

Thanks for the feedback people! I dont wanna hear too many horror stories though! :D I'll give them an email and see what they say in response to it.

Kev

My sister has a couple of timeshare weeks in Tenerife at different times of year and will ONLY fly Monarch, out of Luton. Have no idea why, but she seems to prefer them for some reason.

Thanks for the feedback people! I dont wanna hear too many horror stories though! :D I'll give them an email and see what they say in response to it.

Kev

It will go something like this.....

Monarch Customer Services said:
Dear Mr Talbott
Thanks for your inquiry concerning your forthcoming flight.
However as per our exceedingly petty terms & conditions which nobody ever consults (we could basically say if we get you to your destination early it is within our rights to ask for an extra £1,500 + VAT and your thumbs) you have got no rights to question any operational changes we choose to make.

Unlucky!

With regards to compensation, please be aware I've just soiled myself as I find that concept so funny.

Thanks for your interest in the company and we hope you fly with us again.
Regards,
The Monarch Customer Services Team

Just get there for about the same time you was going to anyway. That way you won't inconvenience your old man and you can just sit and get ****ed in the airport whilst you wait.

I remember coming back to Canada a few years ago and our flight was delayed by about 8 hours,we were offered a hotel and food vouchers.Instead we got them to pay for our excess baggage,which was about $100. mum drove us back to Leigh and we spent 4 hours power drinking in the Harry. On the way back to Gatwick had to stop for a **** on the roundabout at the top of the slip rd.The wife was truly impressed as mum stopped and i just jumped out and peed infront of everyone.

Back