• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Floodlights

We noticed them come on just before half time as well. Surely the auto switch thing could be flicked off! A bit of a pointless waste of cash for the club.

What a waste of money! We must be rolling in it if we can afford to waste money like that.

the cynic in me would suggest it was a bit of gamesmanship to partially equal up the glare from the sun in our keepers eyes. The pragmatist in me would say they forgot to overide the time clock

Very strange decision! Clear blue sky, sun shining brightly, darkness not due for several hours and there were the lights twinkling away! Maybe the clock's been changed ready for the end of BST except they got the date wrong.

It's an anti glare thang! The sun is powerful light so to distract from that they turned on the floodlights - of course! LOL!

Probably on a timer for Autumn & no one checked lol!

Perhaps there is a league ruling that from this stage of the season the floodlights must be on for the 2nd half?
I think your right actually, it may be something to do with the fact that it gets darker earlier now, but imo, they didn't need to be on yesterday.

I think your right actually, it may be something to do with the fact that it gets darker earlier now, but imo, they didn't need to be on yesterday.

Could have been a rule but surely common sense would tell us that we didn't need them.

I still think it's stupid when we have to play with a yellow ball during the winter, you can still see a white ball in the dark.

Thought the yellow ball was more to do with the prospect of snow than the light condition?

Thought the yellow ball was more to do with the prospect of snow than the light condition?

So did i until a few years ago, i think its from the start of November or something that we have to use yellow balls, Although i'm not sure we will now as all the clubs have personalised balls.

The yellow ball is a Football League thang, and will always appear the next game after the last Sunday of October and disappear the game after the last Sunday of March. Due this being the time when the clocks change. However the Premier League stick with the white ball and only change with snow.

When there is snow on the pitch an Orange Ball is used not Yellow.

Back