• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Foo Fighters - Hyde Park this Saturday...

palexander

Life President
If anyone is interested, there is a chance that I will not be able to make this concert on Saturday - so there will be 3 tickets going at £30.00 each.

The final decision on whether we go or not will be later today, but I'm posting this now to give everyone a longer chance to decide if they go or not.

I'm gutted that I might not be going as the line up is superb -

Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Motorhead, Julliete (Lewis, actress) and the Licks, and Angels and Airwaves (great new 'super' band)

Should be a great day...

If you are interested, please PM me and I'll arrange to get the tickets to you by special delivery so you will definately have them for Saturday.

Any questions, just drop me a PM, Cheers!

Ok, as time is ticking and anybody wanting the tickets will really have to have them sent today, we'll be open to offers on the price...

I cannot believe nobody has posted in this thread to be honest! One of the best line-ups of the year???

Wheres all the rock-heads gone? :-(

Saw them at the Isle of Wight festival last weekend & they were awesome- shame i cant get 2 london really but would recommend to anyone!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ June 14 2006,06:51)]I cannot believe nobody has posted in this thread to be honest! One of the best line-ups of the year???
Well you did say PM you!
wink.gif

Has nobody got contact in with you yet then, I would love to go but with a little un and no dosh due to my holiday I will have to give it a miss.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ June 15 2006,16:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ June 14 2006,06:51)]I cannot believe nobody has posted in this thread to be honest! One of the best line-ups of the year???
Well you did say PM you!
wink.gif

Has nobody got contact in with you yet then, I would love to go but with a little un and no dosh due to my holiday I will have to give it a miss.
sad.gif
Hi Bob - good point, but I would have thought someone would want to discuss from a musical standpoint at least!?! Its a great gig isnt it?

I did manage to shift the tickets today at the 12th hour, so all was not lost.

Thanks for the bump anyway!

Didn't see this thread. It's an awesome lineup for sure, and I'm looking forward to attending tomorrow! Personally, I thought 30 quid was a bargain considering the quality of the acts playing, although I do hate Hyde Park's reprehensible 'Golden Circle', which is three times the size it needs to be considering the amount of tickets available for it, meaning we all have to stand quite a way from the stage...

TBH, I don't think it is a very good line-up - the Foos have to be the most overrated rock band on the planet, Motorhead - OK, they're legends but are about 20 years past their best and Juliette Lewis as a singer is just about as uninteresting an artist as it's possible to be. QotSA are great but I'd rather see them in a Brixton Academy type of venue with 1 or 2 good supports.

What a great concert it was, starting with some female band, which were shocking, Angels and Airwaves boring, then Queens Of The Stonge Age, were excellent followed by Motorhead was were truely excellent
biggrin.gif

Then come the Foos, a great performance by the foos, then half way thru there performance, lo and behold Queen turn up, with Dave Grohl and Brain May having a Guitar off, the Foos drumer singing 'tie your mother down' it was a great concert

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ June 16 2006,12:50)]TBH, I don't think it is a very good line-up - the Foos have to be the most overrated rock band on the planet, Motorhead - OK, they're legends but are about 20 years past their best and Juliette Lewis as a singer is just about as uninteresting an artist as it's possible to be. QotSA are great but I'd rather see them in a Brixton Academy type of venue with 1 or 2 good supports.
Agreed about the Foo's, there first two albums were great but since then they have done sod all of note IMO.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ June 18 2006,22:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ June 16 2006,12:50)]TBH, I don't think it is a very good line-up - the Foos have to be the most overrated rock band on the planet, Motorhead - OK, they're legends but are about 20 years past their best and Juliette Lewis as a singer is just about as uninteresting an artist as it's possible to be. QotSA are great but I'd rather see them in a Brixton Academy type of venue with 1 or 2 good supports.
Agreed about the Foo's, there first two albums were great but since then they have done sod all of note IMO.
Hmmm, music is all about opinions, but I will have to take issue with that (and the crazy comment that they are 'the most overated band in rock'?!)

All the Foo's albums are excellent quality - with at least 3/4 awesome tracks on each. The decision to split the last album in 2 was a great idea, whilst the acoustic side isnt all that, its good to see abit of variety.

Juliette and the Licks are 'ok-ish' as a bit of a novelty. Not as bad as you'd expect, whilst being a bit 'rock by numbers'. I take it you've got her albums then Hexagon to make that judgement??

I am gutted about missing QOTSA - though seeing them at Leeds last year placeated the blow. They were out of this world that day - as good a live band as I've seen.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ June 18 2006,23:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ June 18 2006,22:02)]
[b said:
Hmmm, music is all about opinions, but I will have to take issue with that (and the crazy comment that they are 'the most overated band in rock'?!)

All the Foo's albums are excellent quality - with at least 3/4 awesome tracks on each. The decision to split the last album in 2 was a great idea, whilst the acoustic side isnt all that, its good to see abit of variety.

Juliette and the Licks are 'ok-ish' as a bit of a novelty. Not as bad as you'd expect, whilst being a bit 'rock by numbers'. I take it you've got her albums then Hexagon to make that judgement??

I am gutted about missing QOTSA - though seeing them at Leeds last year placeated the blow. They were out of this world that day - as good a live band as I've seen.
No, I don't have Juliette Lewis's albums but I've heard enough in order to have formed the opinions I have about her as a musical artist - she's sh!t. How much alternative rock have you heard in the last decade to decide that the Foo Fighters albums are all of "excellent quality"? I've heard a hell of a lot and believe that in comparison, the Foo Fighters are dull, dull, dull. I have nothing against Grohl - I love Nirvana, QotSA always sound better when he's playing with them and the Probot album is among my very favourite releases of the last 5 years. As you say, it's all about opinons and mine are no more crazy than anyone else's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ June 18 2006,23:21)]No, I don't have Juliette Lewis's albums but I've heard enough in order to have formed the opinions I have about her as a musical artist - she's sh!t. How much alternative rock have you heard in the last decade to decide that the Foo Fighters albums are all of "excellent quality"? I've heard a hell of a lot and believe that in comparison, the Foo Fighters are dull, dull, dull. I have nothing against Grohl - I love Nirvana, QotSA always sound better when he's playing with them and the Probot album is among my very favourite releases of the last 5 years. As you say, it's all about opinons and mine are no more crazy than anyone else's.
I listen to a lot of alternative rock as well yet I still reckon the Foo Fighters are one of the best around - but everyone has different tastes and that's what makes life interesting.

I agree that Juliette and the Licks suck though. I've had the misfortune to see them as someone's support twice now...
tounge.gif

Good job the rest of the lineup made up for it!

Back