• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MrB

Life President
This is pretty nifty. Some guy has put together stats on all FL teams from the first 10 games of the season on a PDF file. League 2 overall on pages 57 and 58 and we're on page 78. We either don't like shooting from distance or aren't very good at it! I suspect the latter.....

experimental-361-the-first-10-games.pdf

Standard apology if this has already been posted.

That must have been some work. Very interesting though. Maybe it says we should have a few pot shots from distance now and then to balance the stats.

Good work but ultimately pointless as he just takes the data from websites like this one, which we all know can vary wildly.

Very interesting, looking at tomorrow's opponents, they are one of three teams not to have created a goal from open play down the right flank. Maybe it's a good time to give Straker another go at Left Back and move Barker into the middle if Prosser and Phillips are not fit?!

Man this guy has too much time on his hands - excellent and interesting read though

Interesting stuff... and all goals are televised now so not that difficult to research. The times are recorded on websites like www.livescore.com and the chances created are from official stats sites of which there are several.

We could all save fortunes by not going to any matches but still be experts about every game by looking at these stats and catching the goals on the tele, ManUre fans anyone ?

I hope he doesn't take the stats from the BBC. Did Rotherham really have more attempts on and off target yesterday?

3 shots on target 3 goals. Surely the 3rd goal was 2 shots on target on its own?

We need a goal from outside the area this season! good find.

No we don't. Goals from outside the area are for teams who can't break down defences. It's OK having a crack once in a while to keep defences honest but Sturrock knows full well that you are far more likely to score from inside the 6 yard box, so encourages players to get crosses in rather than have speculative efforts from outside the area. Two of the three goals yesterday were from inside the 6 yard box, and the third was only just outside it.

Being a little argumentative but .......... the only "stat" I am interested in is the goals scored v goals conceded come 4:45 pm (or nowadays it seems to be at least 4:50 pm...........)

In other words, I sometimes find this (recent?) fascination for figures some what bland ......... and it sadly reminds me of that Cambridge manager a few years ago - his "stat" being that the more times you get the ball in the box, the more times you score .......... and we know what happened to the "entertainment stat" as a result .............

Being a little argumentative but .......... the only "stat" I am interested in is the goals scored v goals conceded come 4:45 pm (or nowadays it seems to be at least 4:50 pm...........)

Of course. A game will only finish at 4:45 if there are no injuries, substitutions or stoppages of any kind. So an average of 4 or 5 mins added time spread between the two halves is indeed the norm.

Back