• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Football League not extending transfer window

I hope the office staff at the Hall know so that they can stock up on fax machine paper. Ah the Kevin McLeod saga. Bad times.

Premeirshite league extending deadline, FL no extention, the premier league really want to see Robinho go to Chelsea dont they!!!

to be honest i think ST + RM should have done better in this window
how we have not had any permanent deals apart from JFC (yet) i dont understand and how we havent (yet) secured a winger i dont get either
i cant see any permanent deals and i doubt there will be any loans before the end of the window now but im hoping im proved wrong
we really need some experience and a winger or two and at the start of the transfer window we said we wanted a centre back, winger and an experienced player and we only got a centre back on loan and a striker

Last edited:
to be honest i think ST + RM should have done a lot better in this window
how we have not had any permanent deals apart from JFC (yet) i dont understand and how we havent (yet) secured a winger i dont get either
i cant see any permanent deals and i doubt there will be any loans before the end of the window now but im hoping im proved wrong
we really need some experience and a winger or two and at the start of the transfer window we said we wanted a centre back, winger and an experienced player and we only got a centre back on loan and a striker

We can always play Betsy.

While I agree we could do with some more experience and a winger, I don't think you can say that Tilly and Ron have necessarily failed. We were rumoured to be after a number of players who just didn't want to come here or we couldn't afford to bring here permanently. There's still time before the window closes for us to announce a new signing (in typical SUFC tardy fashion) or for us to get loan players in, who have been quite useful for us over the course of this season. Sometimes you can only do your best to bring the players in, as Tilly has said he wants to do but if you can't get an agreement with either player or club that's unfortunate.

While I agree we could do with some more experience and a winger, I don't think you can say that Tilly and Ron have necessarily failed. We were rumoured to be after a number of players who just didn't want to come here or we couldn't afford to bring here permanently. There's still time before the window closes for us to announce a new signing (in typical SUFC tardy fashion) or for us to get loan players in, who have been quite useful for us over the course of this season. Sometimes you can only do your best to bring the players in, as Tilly has said he wants to do but if you can't get an agreement with either player or club that's unfortunate.

Why not then go and look for others?

"oh we failed with this player, lets drop our heads and sulk"?

You get on with it and look for others and i cant see any other players linked with the club after the players who turned us down was released.

Jesus H Christ on a bike!!!!

One more time.......

1. Limited finance available.
2. Currently flirting with relegation and not a great prospect for any experienced/quality player.
3. We are Southend United, not exactly a fashionable up and coming club (at present)
4. A wage structure that HAS to be kept to and NOT broken.

FM has so much to answer for.

You get on with it and look for others and i cant see any other players linked with the club after the players who turned us down was released.

I'm sure they have been. I can't believe that they didn't have a plan B when they went in for those players, a couple of whom were admittedly a bit ambitious and unlikely to sign for us even if we weren't close to the drop zone. Perhaps Tilly and Ron have learned their lesson and are going to be more secretive so they don't get slated so much when transfers don't come off? Either way, we still need another player or two and if we can't get them permanently, I fully expect to see us going through the loan market again.

One more time.......

2. Currently flirting with relegation and not a great prospect for any experienced/quality player.
3. We are Southend United, not exactly a fashionable up and coming club (at present)

Thank you or putting it so succinctly. Could not agree more.

Do you honestly think that that ST, PB and RM haven't been doing exactly that when their preferred signings don't materialize. Get real.

Do you honestly think that that ST, PB and RM haven't been doing exactly that when their preferred signings don't materialize. Get real.

We'll see wont we when 5pm comes and no player is here (i hope im wrong)

ST will then have questions to answer.

We can all predict what will be said.

One more time.......

Can see your point but we cant keep using the same old excuses we have for years. This club has had a lot of bonus finacally over the last 3 years and Tilson has not received nearly enough finance backing to rebuild this team into the championship side we should be according to our chairman.

Can see your point but we cant keep using the same old excuses we have for years. This club has had a lot of bonus finacally over the last 3 years and Tilson has not received nearly enough finance backing to rebuild this team into the championship side we should be according to our chairman.

And you know that for a fact do you? NO.

Tilly has always said he would only get in players that were right for the clubs requirements and wanted to play for the club, not just pick up a pay packet.

I dare say some of the money that's been coming into the club as bonuses, as you put them, have gone towards servicing some of the clubs depts, and quite rightly so IMO. We do not have a foreign backer with unlimited finances. We do not have a sugar daddy willing to pile wads of private cash into his hobby. Everything SUFC do has to be done on a budget otherrwise we'd find ourselves in the same situation we did a number of years ago, ie hours away from administration.

Tilly has always said he would only get in players that were right for the clubs requirements and wanted to play for the club, not just pick up a pay packet.

I dare say some of the money that's been coming into the club as bonuses, as you put them, have gone towards servicing some of the clubs depts, and quite rightly so IMO. We do not have a foreign backer with unlimited finances. We do not have a sugar daddy willing to pile wads of private cash into his hobby. Everything SUFC do has to be done on a budget otherrwise we'd find ourselves in the same situation we did a number of years ago, ie hours away from administration.

You know that for a fact? NO

You know that for a fact? NO

Sheesh. Do people really not read what's been posted before they reply?

No I don't. Which is why I said 'I dare say'. Pay attention please.

Back