• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football Manager 2012 - Southend Career

LennySUFC

Director⭐
Any SUFC career's on FM12, or indeed any other football manager,

Feel free to add me on steam - LennySUFC

When I was at Uni I had a terrific career as manager of Southend United - of which I believe the details are still on SZ somewhere. (I think it was FM08)

Amazingly I managed to keep a few of our actual players all the way to the top. In my 5th year IIRC we won the Premiership/Champions League/FA Cup and Carling Cup, and that's when I called it a day and haven't really played FM since as I know I will never come close to that again.

Highlights for me:

1) I got Freddy back from Wolves and he was sensational, taking the goldon boot in the Premiership and generally being a complete hero.
2) Turned Gary Hooper into a right winger (as he couldn't get a game up top), and he became and England international.
3) Steven Hammell stayed with me all the way, and was a regular for Scotland.
4) Khalid Bhoularouz (sp) was my catpain, he went on the captain Holland to WC glory, and gave credit of their success to me (I have nothing to do with their set up).

Chelsea 1 - 0 Southend United

Beckham from the halfway line, thats nuffink.

87th minute winner but have to say 'Take a bow son'.

[video=youtube;FGNC20pNJ7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGNC20pNJ7c[/video]

Chelsea 1 - 0 Southend United

Beckham from the halfway line, thats nuffink.

87th minute winner but have to say 'Take a bow son'.

[video=youtube;FGNC20pNJ7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGNC20pNJ7c[/video]

That is the best goal i have ever seen ever on FM!

surely that's a bug in the game, bad coding SI :smile:

I still have a save game going from FM10, I may have another dip into the market when FM13 is out. I think after 3 iterations it will feel like a new game again.

Have today dug out my copy of FM09. Am in March 2015 on it with Southend and am 3rd in the Prem, second knockout round of UEFA cup (overturned a 2-0 deficit from the first leg to win 4-2 on aggregate AET). Club is captained by a regen CB who came through the Southend youth team, about 21 years old and fantastic! Capped by England and a local boy to boot. My team has quite a few young players and regens in, although Michael Kightly is a regular in midfield along with Aaron Ramsey.

I got Woking from the Conference to the Champions League in just 4 seasons. That stuff don't go unnoticed :winking:

Took Southend up as champions of League 2 in first season. Line up was:

Janos Balogh (Hungarian GK signed on a free)
S. Clohessy
Danny Murphy (left back I signed from Cork - top tackler overall in division)
K. Ferdinand (superb at CB)
Martin Camano (Argentinian CB I signed)
R. Hall (AML and voted player of season in L2 with 17 assists)
M. Timlin (superb - just sold for £90k to Middlesborough)
Kevin McBride (signed from Hibs on a free)
Moussa Diabate (AMR signed for 10k from some French side - scores and assists)
L. Dickinson (TM) - top scorer and 3rd in division
Junior Agogo (signed on a free and scored 20 +goals)

Also Diabate and Murphy in team of the year.

93 points, 93 goals (45 against), only lost 5 games all season.

Now starting next season. Replaced McBride with Michael Woods another freebie, and added Richard Cresswell, and a few young freebies to the squad.

surely that's a bug in the game, bad coding SI :smile:

I still have a save game going from FM10, I may have another dip into the market when FM13 is out. I think after 3 iterations it will feel like a new game again.

Should be a massive leap Kenny, and the match engine is apparently greatly improved this time.

Remember that online game we had years ago with Beefy etc, that was good fun. Southend were in the Championship though so shows how long ago it was.

Back