• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Footballs in the garden

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Every night when I get home from work, there is at least one, usually two footballs in our garden that have come over from the kids next door (aged 10 and 7), and I mean EVERY night.

I always throw them back, but I got to realising, that the kids never say sorry or thank you.

When my kids were little, I used to make them go and knock and apologise and ask for their ball back....same as I was made to.

Just wondered what people think the right etiquette is for this these days?

Neighbours are a nice, young family, fitness fanatics with two very active boys so I totally get their obsession with playing ball in what is quite a small back garden. I have had words when they've played out the front across our adjoining front lawns, when the ball has hit the taxi, asking them to be careful, but these keep knocking my poor SUFC gnomes for six!

I admire your rather optimistic faith in me YB, but as I approach my 60th, with one dodgy knee and the other leg still in recovery from being broken, I fear I shall have to pass. Besides my sport at school was always netball!

I'm 'blessed' with four gardens being attached to ours, each with youngsters kicking a ball about. If one comes over and I see where it's come from I'd chuck it back. If I don't they have two weeks to pop round and ask for it back - after that it goes in the recycling. If they can't be bothered to pop round I'm not wasting my time asking where it came from; manners and common courtesy costs nothing.

V. Meldrew, out.

Run out there and burst them with one of your knitting needles as soon as they come over the fence

They will soon stop.

Last edited:
Roll them in faeces. Any sort will do, a mixture is best.

Not proposing you then kick them back, that would be strange.

Give them back with grace. You never know you might singing their name if a few years.

Their accuracy tends to suggest they could be a striker for us.

Every night when I get home from work, there is at least one, usually two footballs in our garden that have come over from the kids next door (aged 10 and 7), and I mean EVERY night.

I always throw them back, but I got to realising, that the kids never say sorry or thank you.

When my kids were little, I used to make them go and knock and apologise and ask for their ball back....same as I was made to.

Just wondered what people think the right etiquette is for this these days?

Neighbours are a nice, young family, fitness fanatics with two very active boys so I totally get their obsession with playing ball in what is quite a small back garden. I have had words when they've played out the front across our adjoining front lawns, when the ball has hit the taxi, asking them to be careful, but these keep knocking my poor SUFC gnomes for six!

You'll get a big bar of Dairy Milk thrown over sooner or later if the TV is to be believed

Hold on...if their shooting is so bad that they keep kicking them into your garden, are you sure last season's strikers at SUFC haven't moved in next door ? Seems very coincidental !

I admire your rather optimistic faith in me YB, but as I approach my 60th, with one dodgy knee and the other leg still in recovery from being broken, I fear I shall have to pass. Besides my sport at school was always netball!

Careful, if the club are reading this thread you may end up being offered a lucrative three-year contract.

Back