• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For anyone travelling by train on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Folks,

Something spotted on shrimpers.net... apparently, Prittlewell Station is normally closed on Sundays, and no special arrangements have been made to keep it open this Sunday.

So, if you are travelling to the game by train, remember to allow yourself extra time to walk to the ground from Southend Victoria.

Matt

Also engineering works on the Liverpool St line for those of you travelling down from the smoke...

Clicky

wink.gif

Just to reiterate Smiffys post.

Bus replacing train services between Shenfield and Wickford all day on Sunday.

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ Oct. 05 2005,11:01)]Just to reiterate Smiffys post.

glare.gif
Christ, they've been running those buses for ages. It makes driving down shenfield high street on a sunday a nightmare....
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 05 2005,10:48)]Folks,

Something spotted on shrimpers.net... apparently, Prittlewell Station is normally closed on Sundays, and no special arrangements have been made to keep it open this Sunday.

So, if you are travelling to the game by train, remember to allow yourself extra time to walk to the ground from Southend Victoria.

Matt
Bit of a poor show. They opened Prittlewell for the Oldham game, can't see why they don't for this one.

(I'm sure there's a BRILLIANT reason
rock.gif
)

I think you will find the station will be open but no trains will stop. As I found out on my way to V. I walked onto the platform only to find out when reading the timetable no trains were going to stop. Mad dash in the car to Rochford ensued.

I am so glad i use the superior c2c that stations stay open all week.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Oct. 05 2005,11:34)]I am so glad i use the superior c2c that stations stay open all week.
Count yourself lucky. "one" (or first great eastern as it used to be) are a bloody appaling line who cancel trains without a moments notice then neglect to tell you that they've done so until half an hour after the train was due.
mad.gif

Which is the main reason why I do not use the train....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Oct. 05 2005,11:34)]I think you will find the station will be open but no trains will stop. As I found out on my way to V. I walked onto the platform only to find out when reading the timetable no trains were going to stop. Mad dash in the car to Rochford ensued.

I am so glad i use the superior c2c that stations stay open all week.
Don't know where you are on c2c, but there is always engineering work going on somewhere on c2c on Sundays.
Beware.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ Oct. 05 2005,11:01)]Just to reiterate Smiffys post.

glare.gif
And if you do use this line allow yourself an extra 40 minutes minimum. Think it was the last time engineering works were in place that I got caught up in it all, but if was an absolute nightmare and luckily I was not in a hurry anywhere fast.

Very poor, rail replacement buses are a total nightmare. I recommend living close enough to the Hall to walk there
tounge.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back