• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For those os you who haven't

As you may or may not know, in the 'Ex-shrimper's' section of the site, is a topic about leon Johnson. There is a link on the first post, which takes you to invicta FM's site. here you can vote for Gillingham's player of the season.

Leon Johnson (being n ex-shrimper obviously) may not played in one match for Gillingham. However thanks to many blues fans, we have managed to get him as the player of season!

Please register your vote to keep him up there
biggrin.gif

I don't understand why we're doing this and I ask the question in all seriousness and naivety.

He may be an ex-shrimper... but there are loads of them out there and we don't vote for them. He wasn't a legend for us either.

Why, why oh why?
rock.gif

'Cos he seems to be doing genuinely well at the Gills and good luck to the bloke. He and Morley were 2 players who could/have succeed at this level but never really got the opportunity in their correct position.

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 16 2004,13:18)]I don't understand why we're doing this and I ask the question in all seriousness and naivety.

He may be an ex-shrimper... but there are loads of them out there and we don't vote for them. He wasn't a legend for us either.

Why, why oh why?
rock.gif
because its funny, just like the post cards from Wales

Good luck to Leon. I have to confess that I never thought "wow, there's a solid Div 1 player lurking in there", but I thought that he always at least gave 100% every time he set foot on the pitch, and he had my respect for that.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 16 2004,13:18)]I don't understand why we're doing this and I ask the question in all seriousness and naivety.

Why, why oh why?
rock.gif
Its called a sense of humour in England
biggrin.gif

I agree with CSC - fair enough if Leon has genuinely been Gills best player this season but if he isn't and he gets the award just because we rig the voting it means the real PotY will not get what he deserves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bigdel @ April 17 2004,10:13)]
[b said:

Why, why oh why?
rock.gif
Its called a sense of humour in England
biggrin.gif
How things have changed since I left!

tounge.gif

Back