• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For those with a low opinion of Swansea fans...

Shrimp in a Kilt

From the Jackarmy site:

Swansea Rivals Message Board

And more like it on their board. Great credit to their club.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Swans fans clapping Southend  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when they found out they were going up was one of the most touching and emotional moments I've ever experienced as a Swans fan. Made me really proud to be a Jack.

It made me feel happy for the Southend fans, as I'm truly happy that they've won promotion (for reasons that I cannot truly explain) and yet it was a realisation of what might have been for us.

My only wish is that the players feel the same as I do because seeing the Southend fans celebrating with their players at the end made me determined that we'll be celebrating the same feat either in a few weeks in Cardiff or next season.

So well done to Southend United FC on their promotion, all the best to them. Their fans were great all day and were a credit to their club.

And up the Swans for the crunch game next week v Chesterfield. We can do it. We must do it. If not for us then for the players themselves.

COME ON CITY!!

i live in swansea and as i was driving out slowly loads of swansea fans congratulated me on our promotion. i was amongst them during the match with my 8 year old (swansea im afraid!!!) and they were understandably nervous, but what a classic day. back to back promotions lets just win the title next week.

Great fans. Expected to see some fights knowing their reputation etc. Definately the best fans seen so far this season and were really loud (but we matched them!!)

i was right on the segregation and was the one updating people with the bretford scores around me. when i announced that hartlepool had equalised and we started celebrating i looked to my left and saw hundreds of swansea fans rise to their feet and start clapping.

all i have to say is that them fans did their club proud today and were the best fans i have seen all season. never stopped signing, always game for a laugh too and showed great sportsmanship and unforgettable respect for us. and i honestly now want to see them again next season in the champioship!

i thought the swans fans made us sing louder. the fact that they were so loud just made us want to sing louder. created the best atmosphere i have been to all season

completely agree shrimper4life. it was a challange we weren't going to back down from. great fans and a great stadium made i such a great day out

The fact SO many clapped us off at the end really improved my opinion of their supporters. Admittedly they were waiting for their team to come back out but they really applauded us off, they didn't have 2 do that. And again those same fans applauded the fans coaches off tot he station.... When I was expecteing a send off of bricks..... I don't know if that was the police holding us back preventing trouble or in fact the majority of Swans fans being decent chaps! I think its the latter and they have definitely gone up in my estimation!

Echo everything said here. Swansea fans wishing us well as we drove away from the park and ride. Some of them stood by the ground clapping the coaches off.
Good luck to them in the play off's. Fantastic stadium and atmosphere. What a day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ April 30 2006,00:24)]Echo everything said here. Swansea fans wishing us well as we drove away from the park and ride. Some of them stood by the ground clapping the coaches off.
Good luck to them in the play off's. Fantastic stadium and atmosphere. What a day.
You went? I thought it was all too much for you and you were going to take a step back from all this supporting malarky?

kungfu.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

For what it is worth, I know exactly how you felt - too much invested in "only a game". But SO worth it tonight!!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ April 29 2006,23:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ April 30 2006,00:24)]Echo everything said here. Swansea fans wishing us well as we drove away from the park and ride. Some of them stood by the ground clapping the coaches off.
You went? I thought it was all too much for you and you were going to take a step back from all this supporting malarky?

kungfu.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

For what it is worth, I know exactly how you felt - too much invested in "only a game". But SO worth it tonight!!

wink.gif
Never of missed this for the world. I think you have me confused with someone else.

Hats off to their fans.

Gave it all and got behind their team so vociferously. Their ground was the best in this division i reckon - and the acoustics....bloody hell!!!! They HAVE to make our new place like that.

Coming out of the ground (about 5.45) was really pukka, loads of clapping from their guys and a lot of mutual respect.

Loved the was they applauded our boys and also how we applauded their lap of honour too.

Back