• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For whom the bell 'chimes'.

rabbloke

Coach
I am more concerned about the January transfer window now that Redknapp has returned to Pompey. I could see this a tempting prospect for Mr. Eastwood, a chance to play in the Premier$hite and an opportunity to remake the acquaintance of Todorov. With Southends loss of form, a move to a higher placed team could have a great deal of appeal. If as a club we are waiting until January to bring in the extra players we knew were needed before the season started, then there is no telling where we may be in our division in a months time. I am not confident that we will have closed the gap on the leaders or even maintained our current berth.
rock.gif

I'm not, I don't think Redknapp will want to risk Freddy in the prem especially considering Pompey's precarious position at the moment.

can't see that move happening, he needs some bigger names then Eastwood to help Pompey climb out of the relegation zone, as at the moment bar a few players there are a team of nobodys or forigners that no one has heard of.

Parantly Harry's after Desailly - French and ex-Chelsea player. Can't really see him coming back to Premier$hite with Pompey.

i dont know, harrys always been like that. dont get me wrong it will be a massive risk but if he decides to go for freddy and then it pulls off - harry will become king again and freddy.... dare i say an england call up and off to the world cup! blimey is that the time, must get off to bed! what will be the odds on that!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Dec. 08 2005,22:29)]i dont know, harrys always been like that. dont get me wrong it will be a massive risk but if he decides to go for freddy and then it pulls off - harry will become king again and freddy.... dare i say an england call up and off to the world cup! blimey is that the time, must get off to bed! what will be the odds on that!!
I'll give you great odds and happily take your £££
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Dec. 08 2005,22:29)]i dont know, harrys always been like that. dont get me wrong it will be a massive risk but if he decides to go for freddy and then it pulls off - harry will become king again and freddy.... dare i say an england call up and off to the world cup! blimey is that the time, must get off to bed! what will be the odds on that!!
Sorry, but when exactly has Redknapp been king of anything? As far as i can see he has been a football manager for over 20 years and during that time has one only one trophy at Portsmouth when they won Div 1 a couple of years ago.

IMO he is over rated, has too high an opinion of himself, and his dealings in the transfer market in the main have been laughable. Futre, Boogers, Radicaceau, Dumitrescu, Suker plus various other dead dug outs, looks like Desailly may be another. It is just a joke that he is perceived as this cheerful cockney character in the press, when he is just another failure.

Finally his parting shot from Southampton, "I have not left the club, but i am not going back" What the bloody hell is that all about?

Rant over.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 09 2005,08:35)]Sorry, but when exactly has Redknapp been king of anything? As far as i can see he has been a football manager for over 20 years and during that time has one only one trophy at Portsmouth when they won Div 1 a couple of years ago.
That's a bit harsh on Redknapp I feel, since when did he ever manage a club where he had the resources to win something major?

Keeping Pompey up for that season was a pretty big achievement and he did pretty well with the Spammers before he left them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Dec. 09 2005,09:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 09 2005,08:35)]Sorry, but when exactly has Redknapp been king of anything? As far as i can see he has been a football manager for over 20 years and during that time has one only one trophy at Portsmouth when they won Div 1 a couple of years ago.
That's a bit harsh on Redknapp I feel, since when did he ever manage a club where he had the resources to win something major?

Keeping Pompey up for that season was a pretty big achievement and he did pretty well with the Spammers before he left them.
May be so, but merited IMO.
I think Redkanpp manipulated the situation at Portsmouth prior to leaving them and similarly with his exit from Southampton and back to Pompey.

Plenty of managers, Allardyce, Curbishley have had a lot less resources than Redknapp did at West Spam and achieved an awful lot more. When did Redknapp take the spammers into Europe? Never!

If you look at his dealings in the transfer market, i would wager he has bought more dross than successes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 09 2005,09:42)]When did Redknapp take the spammers into Europe? Never!
in 1999/2000 via the intertoto cup (after finishing 5th in the Premier$hite)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Dec. 09 2005,09:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 09 2005,09:42)]When did Redknapp take the spammers into Europe? Never!
in 1999/2000 via the intertoto cup (after finishing 5th in the Premier$hite)
I stand corrected, I had completely forgotten about that. From now on i will only open my mouth to change feet.
smile.gif

However i still stand by my opinions of Redknapp.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 09 2005,08:35)]
[b said:
Sorry, but when exactly has Redknapp been king of anything? As far as i can see he has been a football manager for over 20 years and during that time has one only one trophy at Portsmouth when they won Div 1 a couple of years ago.

IMO he is over rated, has too high an opinion of himself, and his dealings in the transfer market in the main have been laughable. Futre, Boogers, Radicaceau, Dumitrescu, Suker plus various other dead dug outs, looks like Desailly may be another. It is just a joke that he is perceived as this cheerful cockney character in the press, when he is just another failure.

Finally his parting shot from Southampton, "I have not left the club, but i am not going back" What the bloody hell is that all about?

Rant over.
Spot on in my book about Redknapp - Never done anything of note but loved by the media for being a nice sort of bloke..

He needs more than an uproven 1st division striker to sort his problems out. I was a lot more worried when he was at Saints.

Cant think of last player to jump from Div One or Lower into Premership and be sucessful.

Freddy is he does go would be better going to a QPR tyoe club who can give him the time and space he needs.

How instrumental was Redknapp in the Spammers' Youth set-up? If he was a key player in that, then he deserves a heck of a lot of praise for the sheer conveyer-belt of talent that the club produced:

Paul Ince, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Glen Johnson, Rio Ferdinand, Anton Ferdinand, Jermain Defoe, Freddy Eastwood, Mitchell Cole...

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Dec. 09 2005,10:08)]Cant think of last player to jump from Div One or Lower into Premership and be sucessful.
Stead's goals kept Blackburn up a year or two ago.

Back