• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Foreign Football Experiences

Went to Valencia last weekend. Fantastic, historic stadium and one that needs to be experienced by all football fans. I wanted to sit in their famous, steep North Stand, which was absolutely superb and gave an incredible view.

The game was fairly entertaining although The Bats lost 2-0 to Sevilla, despite being the better team for the most of it, but they failed to finish any of their chances (remind you of anyone?) They also went down to 10-men and had two penalty decisions go against them courtesy of the ref, despite VAR indicating that he needs to rethink the incidents. The fans were very understanding, as you can imagine.

This was all following a protest against their owner, Peter Lim, a man who has fleeced the famous Catalan club left, right and centre (remind you of anyone?) A fairly strong crowd amassed outside the main stand which required a heavy police presence.

Great atmosphere, decent game and a brilliant experience.

7505C8F6-44FE-4360-AC1D-644ED4FF331B.jpeg

9382A2E6-F428-4DAF-867C-6A76D146C996.jpeg

292898F8-FC58-4451-B296-CB788F8C9169.jpeg

EE6B656A-DF55-4BEB-9D9D-700AE6AB03E5.jpeg

F0D798A3-FBA2-42CA-8FE1-595AEDDA0042.jpeg

6DCE69D0-8382-4438-9161-83CBD2CB89D3.jpeg

A2A5EEB2-4AED-479A-BEC5-E6BC1DBB1B6D.jpeg

Went to Valencia last weekend. Fantastic, historic stadium and one that needs to be experienced by all football fans. I wanted to sit in their famous, steep North Stand, which was absolutely superb and gave an incredible view.

The game was fairly entertaining although The Bats lost 2-0 to Sevilla, despite being the better team for the most of it, but they failed to finish any of their chances (remind you of anyone?) They also went down to 10-men and had two penalty decisions go against them courtesy of the ref, despite VAR indicating that he needs to rethink the incidents. The fans were very understanding, as you can imagine.

This was all following a protest against their owner, Peter Lim, a man who has fleeced the famous Catalan club left, right and centre (remind you of anyone?) A fairly strong crowd amassed outside the main stand which required a heavy police presence.

View attachment 26093

View attachment 26094

View attachment 26095

View attachment 26096

View attachment 26097

View attachment 26098

View attachment 26099
Great photos mate 👍.. looks like an awesome stadium.

Reactions: KAB
Went back to Napoli for the quarter final 2nd leg vs Milan, not the result we were looking for and after dominating and bad refereeing decisions in both legs, I think Napoli can feel a bit hard done by. Next day I went to the Spanish quarter to see the Maradona shrine

Attachments

• IMG_20230419_132354.jpg
    IMG_20230419_132354.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230419_132518.jpg
    IMG_20230419_132518.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230419_132540.jpg
    IMG_20230419_132540.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230419_132544.jpg
    IMG_20230419_132544.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230419_132459.jpg
    IMG_20230419_132459.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 10

View attachment 26093

View attachment 26094

View attachment 26095

View attachment 26096

View attachment 26097

View attachment 26098

View attachment 26099
I've been to the Mestalla, long time ago when Mendieta was bossing their midfield

Went back to Napoli for the quarter final 2nd leg vs Milan, not the result we were looking for and after dominating and bad refereeing decisions in both legs, I think Napoli can feel a bit hard done by. Next day I went to the Spanish quarter to see the Maradona shrine

We had some absolutley shocking refereeing decisions go against us in last seasons Champions League campaign so not gonna feel too bad about going through to the semis against Inter. Cracking assist by Leao for our goal though I'm sure you'll agree.

At least you can look forward to winning your first Scudetto in over 30 years as a consolation!

Forza Milan

We had some absolutley shocking refereeing decisions go against us in last seasons Champions League campaign so not gonna feel too bad about going through to the semis against Inter. Cracking assist by Leao for our goal though I'm sure you'll agree.

At least you can look forward to winning your first Scudetto in over 30 years as a consolation!

Forza Milan
Yes Leao's assist was superb. Ashame his blatent foul on Lozano was missed and no penalty was awarded. Over both legs we were the better team, 1st leg the refereeing was so bad Uefa suspended him for the rest of the season. Second leg we had 78% possession and 28 shots on goal to your 4 We do have our scudetto and you may have europa league now that Juve have got their points back 😂
You might actually be the best equipped team to upset City in the final, you were defensively superb against us and when you have Leao on the counter you always have a chance in a cup game. The league shows that over a full season that approach doesn't work though.
Forza Napoli Sempre

Wish I was in Naples today, inter have just beaten lazio so a win against salernitana means Napoli win the scudetto for the 1st time since 1990 with 6 games still to go #ForzaNapoliSempre

Reactions: KAB
Watched FC Copenhagen vs Midtjylland when in Copenhagen a long time ago now. Parken was a 3-sided stadium at the time due to a new stand being built. People were encouraged to throw streamers on the ground before the game and they had people giving out rolls of streamers as you entered the stadium. Someone then had to try and clean it all up at half time.

parken 1.jpg
parken 2.jpg
parken 3.jpg
parken 4.jpg
parken 5.jpg
parken 6.jpg
parken 7.jpg

Watched FC Copenhagen vs Midtjylland when in Copenhagen a long time ago now. Parken was a 3-sided stadium at the time due to a new stand being built. People were encouraged to throw streamers on the ground before the game and they had people giving out rolls of streamers as you entered the stadium. Someone then had to try and clean it all up at half time.

View attachment 26223
View attachment 26224
View attachment 26225
View attachment 26226
View attachment 26227
View attachment 26228
View attachment 26229
Great city to visit Copenhagen, competed there many times.

Haven’t been anywhere exciting for a while for football - saw Real Salt Lake play the Portland Timbers a while back in Utah and it was a decent game but zero atmosphere. Used to go regularly to see Ajax which was always a laugh and sometimes very bad for my poor ticker, both in terms of F-Side shenanigans and the old riot powder. Couldn’t do it now. Loved going up to the old Firs Park to see the Shire. Went once for a laugh and loved it so went a few more times and once to Ochilview which was tremendously awful. Miss all that for sure.

Twice I have flown out to see Barcelona play and twice Messi missed the matches through injury.

Been in Bilbao this weekend. Firstly, what a city. First visit and it’s instantly become one of my favourite Spanish cities and slays the more popular ones like Barcelona and Valencia.

Real friendly people and a culture that is second to none. Also helps that I was given a free beer in three separate bars (no idea why). Leyendas.

Had to go and see Athletic Club, and it was a brilliant experience. The city comes out in force for the football team and it’s something I wish we could have one day.

Bilbao played Alaves and deservedly won the game 2-0, although it could have been more.

Attachments

• IMG_8677.jpeg
    IMG_8677.jpeg
    310.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8683.jpeg
    IMG_8683.jpeg
    483.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8688.jpeg
    IMG_8688.jpeg
    512.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8706.jpeg
    IMG_8706.jpeg
    338.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8699.jpeg
    IMG_8699.jpeg
    483.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8696.jpeg
    IMG_8696.jpeg
    522.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8698.jpeg
    IMG_8698.jpeg
    522.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8687.jpeg
    IMG_8687.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 18
Been in Bilbao this weekend. Firstly, what a city. First visit and it’s instantly become one of my favourite Spanish cities and slays the more popular ones like Barcelona and Valencia.

Real friendly people and a culture that is second to none. Also helps that I was given a free beer in three separate bars (no idea why). Leyendas.

Had to go and see Athletic Club, and it was a brilliant experience. The city comes out in force for the football team and it’s something I wish we could have one day.

Bilbao played Alaves and deservedly won the game 2-0, although it could have been more.
Love that, was there for the derby in January and had a cracking time. Great food and a proper football city.

Back