• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1

The General

The Mouse (*)
Its actually more entertaining than normal.

laugh.gif
oops.gif

Well we all know whose gonna win this one
rock.gif

Why couldn't they have just built a chicane? It's not fair on the rest of the drivers. Bloody Michelin.....

Bloody Michelin, and bloody FIA for their idiotic refusal to do anything about it!

But why should they have had to build a chicane? Michelin knew what the track was, and the demands needed of the tyre, so why take with them tyres that clearly unsuitable for the job. I think it was 9 tyres that failed, 2 to destruction, if that happened during a race, people would have died. I don't understand why this is a farce as the FIA clearly did the right thing, and all the blame should be laid at Michelin door.

I'm not excusing Michelin, as the fault is theirs, but the sport's in trouble as it is and this kind of thing is not helping. The FIA are supposed to look after the future of the sport, they have to power to change things, so why did they refuse? They could have punished Michelin in other ways, run the race with a chicane, and everything would be ok. Instead, they're left to this farce, which will damage the sport tremendously, especially in the market they want to crack - the US.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 19 2005,19:30)]The sport is f*cking sh*te anyway ...
When I first started watching it, it was great. Then there was the Ayrton Senna business, and now it's as exciting as watching the local bus go past. It's good though because it helps me sleep when I get home from work!
wink.gif

Its been better this year than what it was the past couple of years. At least there has been different winners of races so far instead of Schumacher dominating it.

Jees what a farce this is, F1 is slowly building up a fanbase in the States and now this happens. I wonder if there will be a US race in 2006 on the back of this?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ June 19 2005,19:33)]Jees what a farce this is, F1 is slowly building up a fanbase in the States and now this happens. I wonder if there will be a US race in 2006 on the back of this?
Plus will Michelin be allowed to have their tyres used next year? Bring back the good old Goodyear ones
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ June 19 2005,19:33)]Jees what a farce this is, F1 is slowly building up a fanbase in the States and now this happens. I wonder if there will be a US race in 2006 on the back of this?
Er. No.

laugh.gif

They should stop changing the rules in the sport, so what if Schumacher kept winning last season.

You wouldn't have got the Premier League penalising Arsenal for winning all those matches the other season would you, say by only allowing them to play with ten men in every game
biggrin.gif

Nor would the jockey club penalise Frankie Dettori for winning too many races, say by giving him extra weight than usual to carry.

FIA are a joke!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ June 19 2005,22:49)]So what if Schumacher kept winning last season.
A) It got very boring cos we all knew after the first lap who was going to win.

B) People didnt want to go and watch the races either on TV or at the track because of the same reason as above.

It's good to have a change of the rules now and then.

Personally, I dont think any motor-racing will match the CART series of the late 90's. Some truly great racing drivers on very interesting tracks.

Slick tyres, turbo-charged engines, anyone could win (within reason) and a real edge between the drivers.

The bloody IRL started up and ruined american motorsport. CART is now no better than Formula Ford and the IRL is an embarrasment. I'd love to have the CART racing back to how it was
mad.gif
sad.gif

Firstly, what a shame it was that one of the most exciting sporting contests of the year was immediately followed by one of the dullest.

Secondly, I can not help but think the blame for it lays with Ferrari's outright refusal to adapt for the good of the game. Yes, it is about points at the end of it and yes they are entitled to do it but had they refused to race, the others would certainly have refused too. A bloody shame and one of the most ridiculous sustained sporting moments I've ever seen.

to fill time ITV were going round interviewing whoever they could find in the pits, a lot of people seemed to be pointing the finger at Ferrari over chicane-gate.

Paul Stoddart reckoned he only sent his Minardis out because Jordan wanted to race and they are his direct rivals in the constructors championship.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ June 19 2005,22:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ June 19 2005,22:49)]So what if Schumacher kept winning last season.
A) It got very boring cos we all knew after the first lap who was going to win.

B) People didnt want to go and watch the races either on TV or at the track because of the same reason as above.

It's good to have a change of the rules now and then.
But would we have been moaning if Jenson Button kept winning??

Schumacher is a genius, the best since Senna IMHO!

I'm just glad i see him in person win last year's British Grand Prix!

It's not till you see him race in person that you fully appreciate what he does and how he races. He just goes like the clappers and gives it 110%.

Going back the winning etc, i know football is a different sport but not many people moaned when Arsenal went through a whole season unbeaten.

We wont see another Schumacher in our life time me thinks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ June 19 2005,23:19)]Personally, I dont think any motor-racing will match the CART series of the late 90's. Some truly great racing drivers on very interesting tracks.

Slick tyres, turbo-charged engines, anyone could win (within reason) and a real edge between the drivers.

The bloody IRL started up and ruined american motorsport. CART is now no better than Formula Ford and the IRL is an embarrasment. I'd love to have the CART racing back to how it was
mad.gif
sad.gif
I know its a deviation off the subject, but i was fortunate to be able to go to the Brands Hatch leg of the world super bike championships last year (i had pit lane and paddock tickets through my work). And what an almighty day out i had!

Now this is racing, there's so much going on and it was so exciting. You get two races for the WSB, and many other supporting races too.

It's not that expensive for tickets either. I recommend anyone to go this year (think its next month?).

I even met Frankie Chilli and James Toseland (Champ), to name but a few.

On the subject of IRL, it's quite good and exciting, i follow the Red Bull Team Cheever Cars (if their still known as that?).
I'd love to go and see a race!

Back